Home – New Forums Tell me straight… would love some feedback – i’m too close to it to be objective

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    onlineiq
    • Total posts: 93
    Up
    ::

I would love some feedback on my web development website

I am aware that it needs tweaking but would love feedback to get outside opinions from people who know nothing about me or my business.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.onlineiq.biz

(ps can anyone explain what the trackbacks are about?)

Servcorp
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

Hi Onlineiq,

First off, love the design. It’s clean and easy to read, good stuff!

Take a look at simple structural elements of optimising your pages such as title, H1, linking internally, bold/strong tags, localising the site, unique content, targeting long-tail (higher conversion) keywords, using ‘-‘ rather than ‘_’ to separate words in your URL’s, etc.

A trackback is shown when someone else links to your post. It helps you track who is linking or referring to your content.

Dave

onlineiq
    Up

Hi Dave

Appreciate the feedback – thanks for taking the time.

All my page headings are H1’s and I thought they were related to the page urls, but I know I still have some work to do there.

I was not aware of the hyphen (-) being more relevant than the underscore(_) in dividing words, so thanks for that.

Thanks for the trackbacks info.

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966
    Up

I don’t think there’s any real evidence that – is better then _. But it’s just generally assumed that it is, and it’s sort of one of those “standards that’s not really a standard” that exists in web design :P

onlineiq
    Up
    Chris Bates, post: 18705 wrote:
    I don’t think there’s any real evidence that – is better then _. But it’s just generally assumed that it is, and it’s sort of one of those “standards that’s not really a standard” that exists in web design :P

thanks Chris, I did some more research about it and it seems that the dash is preferred as it considers the dash as a word separator as opposed to the underscore not having this effect. But as you say, I’m not sure it is such a major factor as I have not come across this before.

its good to keep learning though!

Servcorp
    Up

Onlineiq,

Happy to help.

Just a note regarding H tags, especially H1.
    They are no longer an important factor as they used to be.

The best thing for you is to keep writing unique, interesting content in the web design industry. You can write a linkbaited list of best web design practises, fonts, etc.

All the best,
    Dave

Belinda82
    Up

Hi! I’m not a web expert in any sense but just a regular netter dropping in my 2 cents. When I first clicked on your website, my first impression was that it wasn’t bad. I quite like the logo. I do think however the right-hand side of the page (next to the logo) is too empty though. I think that space would look better filled with a text or perhaps a quick caption about your business.

Overall, I like the clean look of the site, although on my computer, some of the text font comes up a little funny. Not sure if its just my computer though.

Anyway, all the best!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.