Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Would love some feedback on our website!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Golomboss
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Howdy all – would love some feedback on our website – http://www.whitecollar.com.au

Our business matches consumers with White Collar Professionals – i.e say you need a quote from a business accountant or financial planner or mortgage broker you would land on our site and make a request and get quotes from 3 (quality) professionals.

For the purpose of the feedback it may make it easier if:

a) You imagine you are looking for a quote from a business accountant – you land on our site and try navigate to make a quote. PLEASE MAKE IT CLEAR THAT IT IS A TEST SUBMISSION if you do submit a quote request.

I would really like to get opinions on:

a) Usability and;
    b) Design.

WhatsThePlanDan
    Participant
    • Total posts: 297
    Up

Hi there,

I like it. Nice and clean, easy to read and follow and looks quite professional. I found it pretty easy to go through the motions of requesting a quote. I would certainly give it a go if I needed someone like that (and I lived in an area you serviced ;)).

Some comments though:

– Maybe make the FAQ page easier to find by adding it to the main menu (contact page too)
    – On your contact page your email address is not a hyperlink – probably should be
    – Also consider that for your phone number (clickable)
    – Do you have a mobile site or is this site responsive?
    – on the Consumers FAQ page there is an additional blank drop down under “Professionals, Quotes, and Service”
    – On the main FAQ page under “In what cities is White Collar Quotes available?” consider having a link to sign up to an email list or something where they can be notified when you start up in their city. If they are on your site and interested grab their details so you can connect with them later rather than relying on them to come back.
    – Maybe make the “Have a professional services business?” in the top right a little bigger or stand out in some way – I nearly didn’t see it.

Hope some of that helps. I am not a web guru so take it with a grain of salt – and as always use what makes sense to you and discard what doesn’t!

Cheers
    Daniel

GregNunanAU
    • Total posts: 58
    Up

Great idea for a website! I’d be interested to hear how you are going to promote it? e.g., traffic strategy? Those markets are all quite competitive.

Perhaps look at adding a blog or free how to guides, along the lines of “how to choose the right real estate agent” etc etc. When you give away valuable information it helps to build trust and credibility and so people will be more likely to get a quote.

Maybe identify a way to capture contact details for ongoing communication (you might already have this in place). Off the top of my head, create some sort of valuable giveaway that people opt in to receive along with a regular e-newsletter. Then, you provide ongoing free advice with intermittent special offers. Not exactly sure how this would work, but it’s a start for you hopefully. The concept being a way to keep your website top of mind via email information, because I would assume once people have submitted for a quote, most won’t come back.

All the best with it!

NoBillsForever
    • Total posts: 21
    Up

I like your website. 1st look is clean – not many colors etc Good job.

What I would like to say:
    – You are saying what you do….but why would someone love to buy from you? USP

– I want a accountant …but you are not even asking user ‘Where?’ how about if user want only local?

– you are not capturing contacts..you must do that..grow your email list and preferably ask what they would love to be updated about – Interests.

These are just a few..but very powerful applications in themselves.

Hope these help

Wishing you Luck

Chetan

Golomboss
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Thanks for the feedback guys!

No Bills Forever – Definitely going to work on an email list

HomeBizHub – Working on our content strategy as we speak – watch this space!

WhatThePlan – Taken your suggestions on board. Have fixed the FAQ error you were talking about and added the “email” hyperlink and chatting to developers to make the search box stand out more.

Once again – thanks for taking the time!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.