Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Would u cut your losses and do this?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    keepsmiling
    • Total posts: 53
    Up
    ::

Basically I wanted to go ahead and work as an assessor myself but now I have been given the opportunity to work a company that will pay my course fees etc upfront and insurances and I just pay them back over a period of time. They give me up to four appointments per day and want me to see at least 20 appointments per week to make bonus. I also sell other other stuff like solar panels etc as part of my bonus. They also pay me a base wage. Rather than risking it on my own as an assessor ( i dont really have the stuck up captial) do you think its a good idea to work through this company and just try my luck and make as much money as I can?
    What would you do ????

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966
    Up

Do it the easy way and let them cushion you. Once your trained and confident, go your own way!

I sub-contract to a solar company and do quotes for solar panels too.

Are you talking about the gov home assessments? Or solar panel quoting/assessing?

keepsmiling
    • Total posts: 53
    Up

hi yes its for both
    but how can i go my own way? they said i would be trained as an assessor with my own assessor number i think but I AM CONTRACTED UNDER THEM so i dont think i can go my own way ???after that???
    because the governmnet will say that i have to go through that company?

Servcorp
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

Hi Keepsmiling,

I would read over your contract since you are working as a contractor. Check for any clauses which state how much notice you must give, etc. If you don’t understand it, show your family accountant a copy.

I agree with Chris on this one. Work for the company, gather knowledge and experience and as importantly, capital. Save as much as you can so when you are ready to go on your own with all that experience you’ve gained, you have the funds to startup.

Safety nets (capped wages with work all the time) are always best when you don’t have enough money to go our on your own.

Dave

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966
    Up

Just answer me this: thin film or mono-crystalline? :P

Hugh Thyer
    • Total posts: 159
    Up
    Servcorp, post: 18872 wrote:
    I would read over your contract since you are working as a contractor. Check for any clauses which state how much notice you must give, etc. If you don’t understand it, show your family accountant a copy.

For the record, accountants do financial stuff.

This is legal stuff. Get a lawyer.

beancounter
    • Total posts: 159
    Up

Before you jump in “feet first” consider your exit strategy

There’ll come a day when you want to leave – regardless what course of action you take

Have a look to see who owns what – ie data base of customers, IP, etc – whether there’s any restrictions about you leaving and starting up on your own later – you could put in a great deal of work to build up someone else’s business and have to start again from zero

Everything always looks “rosey and hunky dory” at the beginning when everybody is being buddy – buddy

So, think hard and work out your exit strategy before you do anything else

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.