Home – New Forums Starting your journey Would you use an organiser?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tennasee
    • Total posts: 23
    Up
    ::

I love organising people and could potentially see a niche market for assisting small businesses (particularly those run in homes) with organising their business documents, areas, filing systems, archiving, etc.

Would you be interested in a service like this? Or would you have been at the beginning of your business? Do you use an alternative (ie virtual assistant, family member)?

Thanks

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Tennasee,

I think its something that all small business owners should be forced to use when they’re just starting out. I expect your challenge may be getting your prospects to value the benefits of being organised.

Steve

DavidM
    • Total posts: 329
    Up

My knee jerk reaction to this would be that there’s no market for this. Start ups are trying to minimise costs as much as possible and this service would probably be seen as a ‘nice to have’ rather than a necessity.

Although I don’t know the specifics of your offer. Is this an appointment, an ebook, digital storage or something else?

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up

There are professional organiser associations Tennesee and perhaps you need to seek these out?

Have a look at these for starters:
    http://www.aapo.org.au/
    http://www.napo.net/

You might be able to find some of their members and look at their sites and see what they do. My longest term client had the business name ‘The Office Organiser’ and I supported her as her VA for over 12 years. She eventually moved on to doing professional speaker and coaching and dropped the Organiser title.

There is a market for what you want to do – you just need to find the right people to mix and mingle with so you can learn how to formalise it into a business. Best of luck!

SavvySME
    • Total posts: 201
    Up

I’d have to agree with David, I would LOVE to have someone come in, but I can’t afford it at the moment, because it’s money I could spend on advertising etc to generate business and as a start-up that’s what’s going to keep me going. I think there may be a market for enterprise?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.