Home – New Forums Starting your journey Writing contracts with oversease suppliers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Slow_poke
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    ::

Hey guys,

I am planning to make contract between myself and my suppliers, they are in a different country than me and I am not sure how this will work. I will be meeting them face to face in a week and a half to discuss all things business and would like to hear your opinions on this

-English isn’t there 1st language so how should I approach this with the contract.

-I will be first writing a draft on paper with them then finalizing it back in Australia.

-I will be keeping the original but this won’t have there signature in pen would that be a problem?

I’m pretty new to this so if anything comes to your mind it would be great if you guys help me out.

thank You,

Slow_poke

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Hi Slow poke –

It may be best to have a chat to a solicitor or similar to ensure all of your needs are covered.. however, initially I would suggest you have them sign some sort of non-disclosure/confidentiality agreement. This will at least give you something that says they’ll keep your chats confidential until such time as the information is more formalised etc.

Your post is not particularly clear as to the type of contract you will have with your suppliers? Or, do you simply mean a supply agreement, and that this is what you will be writing on paper whilst meeting, with it to be formalised later? If so, then once you have a formal copy ready, each party can sign 2 x copies and post to each other so at the end of the day both of you have an original signed copy.

If they are used to supplying in this capacity, you may find they already have a standard contract in place that they use with buyers? This could act as a template to work from in your dealings with them.

You could also have a look at legalvision.com.au (members here) – who offer a lot of different legal business templates… you might find something on their site that helps with what you need.

All the best with it :)

Kennethti
    • Total posts: 415
    Up

Sooo… what happens when your supplier screws you while they’re in a different country?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.