Home – New Forums Money matters Xero Accounting

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Rhys
    • Total posts: 325
    Up
    ::

Hi – I would love to say yes it is, but no there are lots of options. Probably the biggest “dividing line” is between a package you install on your PC or server (MYOB, Quickbooks, etc) or an online solution (such as Xero, Saasu & others). But don’t start with any preconceived ideas, rather you should think about what features you need.

For example do you need payroll? Or inventory? Do you need single user or multi user? Do you need an application that you just access in your office, or do you need some “mobile accounting” options (eg being able to enter orders or invoices, or check inventory levels via your IPhone)? Will you do all the data entry yourself, or will you use a bookkeeper?

All of these are factors to consider when deciding which is the “best” solution for you – and whilst I certainly favour some solutions over others if anyone ever tells you there is “one best solution” be very suspicious – it’s about matching the features of the solution to your requirements, balancing other factors such as price (of course), ease of use, how easy is it to get support, is your accountant familiar with the software, etc.

Good luck – and if you do want to investigate the options feel free to contact me, and I am sure many of the other software dealers on this site would also be delighted to help you,

Cheers, Rhys

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Rhys, sorry, but the person you were replying to was a spammer and their posts have been deleted. Apologies for any confusion.

Jayne

Arnold Shields
    • Total posts: 58
    Up

I am looking at Xero for some of our clients – I am interested in the ability to create and send invoices from iPhone app at the clients premises.

Rhys
    • Total posts: 325
    Up

Arnold,

Yes & No! The Iphone app for Xero takes you into m.xero.com where you can view the dashboard, check bank balances, open invoice balances, resend invoices, etc. It is all sized for the IPhone screen. But you can also log into http://www.xero.com from where you can do all the things you can do in Xero, including raising invoices – but the screen is very small (obviously), and when you expand it you have to scroll back and for to enter a transaction.

Depending what industry your clients are in / what they really need there are lots of add ons that offer more options, such as MinuteDock, WorkflowMax, etc all of which give you greater flexibility for recording time / raising invoices. If you want to discuss the functionality of any of these add ons in more detail please feel free to give me a call,

Cheers, Rhys

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.