Home – New Forums Tech talk Xero trial content remain after payment?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #979393
    dangaff
    Member
    • Total posts: 244
    Up
    0
    ::

    I just started my trial with Xero and I’ll probably be keeping it at this rate and before I keep re-adding my statements etc. When the trial expires and the payment is paid, will everything remain perfectly in tack?

    I couldn’t see why not since it works on a log in system via email/password but thought I’d ask just in case.

    #1113985
    relentless
    Member
    • Total posts: 137
    Up
    0
    ::

    Xero is awesome! Love the automation and ease of use.

    I think it would keep your data otherwise a free trial would be almost useless and would annoy a lot of people

    #1113986
    Rhys
    Member
    • Total posts: 325
    Up
    0
    ::
    dangaff, post: 127631 wrote:
    I just started my trial with Xero and I’ll probably be keeping it at this rate and before I keep re-adding my statements etc. When the trial expires and the payment is paid, will everything remain perfectly in tack?

    I couldn’t see why not since it works on a log in system via email/password but thought I’d ask just in case.

    The previous answer is right – yes Xero does retain transactions entered during trial, but a number of the add ons give you the option to retain or delete. For example Vend and Unleashed both allow you to purge trial period transactions when you go live, which is really useful for training or testing.

    Cheers, Rhys

    #1113987
    dangaff
    Member
    • Total posts: 244
    Up
    0
    ::

    Thanks guys!

    Also, I’ve assigned my suppliers a currency, but how
    do I assign an item to that supplier?
    for example, I can buy something for $220 except I can’t find where to make this USD and sell it for $350 AUD

    #1113988
    Rhys
    Member
    • Total posts: 325
    Up
    0
    ::
    dangaff, post: 127697 wrote:
    Also, I’ve assigned my suppliers a currency, but how
    do I assign an item to that supplier?

    You can’t assign items to suppliers. You can set up items under Settings Inventory Items, then set both buy and sell price. To buy the item add it to a supplier invoice, to sell it add it to a customer invoice.

    But be warned – the Xero inventory feature is pretty basic, if you need more than this you either need an inventory add-on (we generally recommend Unleashed), or a different solution altogether.

    for example, I can buy something for $220 except I can’t find where to make this USD and sell it for $350 AUD

    Set currency on the invoice. You need Xero Large to get multicurrency.

    Cheers, Rhys

    #1113989
    dangaff
    Member
    • Total posts: 244
    Up
    0
    ::
    Rhys, post: 127730 wrote:
    You can’t assign items to suppliers. You can set up items under Settings Inventory Items, then set both buy and sell price. To buy the item add it to a supplier invoice, to sell it add it to a customer invoice.

    But be warned – the Xero inventory feature is pretty basic, if you need more than this you either need an inventory add-on (we generally recommend Unleashed), or a different solution altogether.

    Set currency on the invoice. You need Xero Large to get multicurrency.

    Cheers, Rhys

    Awesome!
    Thanks for that and sounds pretty simole.

    So just need to write up a USD invoice for the supplier which will match against the AUD invoice for the customer and obviously convert the difference for me.

    Accounts Payable > Create Invoice…would be appropriate correct?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.