Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Yellow Pages getting skinnier

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    VideoTraining
    • Total posts: 101
    Up
    ::

My ad cost me around $650 last year – and it did nothing.

I test Google Adwords with about $300 and the hits and customers came thick and fast.

I will use my $650 this year on Google Adwords – I might also play with Bing (Microsoft AdCenter).

I guess it’s all about your target demographic – and where they search.

Kind regards,

Tony Morris
    http://www.VideoTraining.com.au
    Online Computer Training Made Easy

Brenda Thomson
    • Total posts: 31
    Up

What I wonder is how many businesses who advertise in the YP do a proper ROI calculation?
    I think that the question about finding someone in the YP is not always that accurate either. Quite often it is some other form of advertising or even word of mouth that then sends you to the YP just to get a phone number.
    Like the other day I was looking for my dentist’s phone number – couldn’t remember his name so looked up “Dentist – Ringwood” in the YP (online not paper BTW) Doesn’t mean I originally found him in the YP. It certainly didn’t matter that he only had a one line listing.
    Personally I find that the paper YP makes a really good door stop I have never even taken the plastic wrap off the past three years.
    Just some thoughts…

defyet
    • Total posts: 23
    Up

Thats a good point Brenda,

I only use two forms of advertising Website and Yellowpages (Online and Book), and i can tell when a customer is from my website because they ring knowing the exact service and price they want, if they were ringing from my yellow pages ad they wouldnt. Which nearly 100% of the time this is the case, unless they have clicked my YP ad and gone through to my website which is only 1-2clicks a day compared to the 30 from google and 20-40 from other referring websites.

When the yellowpages consultant came out i think he spent more time BS to me about how many people use YP Online and showing me statistics of how many people have searched for my trade on their website. I have to say though being halfway down the results does not help.

I used to work for the company that is listing first under my category and majority of their work came from YP so like google it all depends where your ranking. And the listings are based on age, so if you only just signed up then chances are your going to be half way down or at the bottom of the results, unless you pay twice as much for their next package which puts you at the top for about $600/month!!!!! No thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.