Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Yellow Pages & Sensis Online – my take!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up
    ::

it said via mail….. so still waiting!! lol

mattybee
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Hey Bridie,

In the interim have you tried advertising your services on odesk.com or getafreelancer.com?

Advertise your services there, you maybe suprised .

Tiggerito
    • Total posts: 362
    Up

In Australia you normally get the options of Phone, text message or mail.

Text message is only an option if you provide a mobile number.

In my experience, very few people have successfully registered via the phone option. It seems the message is short and quick. most people don’t twig till it’s too late!

bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up
    mattybee, post: 48922 wrote:
    Hey Bridie,

In the interim have you tried advertising your services on odesk.com or getafreelancer.com?

Advertise your services there, you maybe suprised .

Yes I have been very surprised……. by the ridiculously low prices people are willing to undertake work for. Sorry but I’m a professional, I don’t compete with $2 an hour!

Alan Maddick
    • Total posts: 410
    Up

Yellow pages can work, the key is test and measure, for example we have tried a platinum online tile in three catgories, 1 catagory = $0 revenue over 6 months ($5000 exp) 2nd catagory = $5000 revenue for $5000 exp 3rd catagory = $20,000+ revenue for $7000 exp but only for 9 months of the year.

Needless to say we are only placing our ad in the 3rd catagory.

Books are hard, very expensive but we have had some success. Yes there are cheaper methods of advertising but we do get value from the books. Again though different catagories, different ads and different books have had different pay backs for us.

mattybee
    • Total posts: 16
    Up
    bridiej, post: 48946 wrote:
    Yes I have been very surprised……. by the ridiculously low prices people are willing to undertake work for. Sorry but I’m a professional, I don’t compete with $2 an hour!

Hey Bridie,

Sorry if I offended you.

Not everyone is cheap. My software programmer cost me around 50 dollars an hour when others offer for 4 bucks and hour. Quality and timeliness is a major issue.

But yeah, I totally understand your point.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.