Home – New Forums Tech talk yellow pages: website from $ 32?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Vilson
    Participant
    • Total posts: 184
    Up
    ::

Hello Friends,

I have seen Ad from Yellow pages and they are providing website from $ 32 and search marketing from $ 110?

Any one Contacted them? is that true and what they are offering?

thanks

Create Online Test or Quiz on ScoreBell
    JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up

We had MYOB and Google offering free websites a while back. I think the offer is still there. The only site I saw produced with it was so useless that you could not find the business with a company name search.

If you want a cheap website, why not try the free MYOB/Google offer.

I imagine the Yellow pages offer is worth every penny it costs.
    Regs,
    JohnW

My Wedding Concierge
    • Total posts: 109
    Up

I’m pretty sure their websites are $32 / month which suggests to me that you probably won’t actually own the website at all.

Regarding the MYOB free websites, while it’s a great deal on the surface, I’ve dealt with about a dozen people recently who’ve got MYOB free sites… They all look very ordinary, the people who owned them were pretty dissatisfied with them, and felt that while they were very affordable, basically added no value to their business at all.

In my opinion that makes it a fairly pointless exercise regardless of how cheap it is.

themot
    • Total posts: 150
    Up

So the dude selling SEO services in his signature wants to know if the $32 website is a good deal…

You suckers all fell for it hook line and sinker. :P

Mods, ban this spammer please.

John C.
    • Total posts: 439
    Up
    themot, post: 122912 wrote:
    So the dude selling SEO services in his signature wants to know if the $32 website is a good deal…

You suckers all fell for it hook line and sinker. :P

Mods, ban this spammer please.

He didn’t ask whether it was a good deal. He asked whether it was true – a fair enough question to ask about a competitor’s offering, don’t you think?

bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up

The Yellow Pages has been trying to sign me up for their SEM packages lately. The most affordable option I’ve been offered works out to be about $4000 on a 6 month contract. I politely refused.

I doubt they will let you get away with just spending $32.

My Wedding Concierge
    Up

He’s got 60 posts under his belt… A lot of effort, and from my experience not the usual pattern for spammers. I think his question was genuine.

My Wedding Concierge
    Up
    bluepenguin, post: 122920 wrote:
    The Yellow Pages has been trying to sign me up for their SEM packages lately. The most affordable option I’ve been offered works out to be about $4000 on a 6 month contract. I politely refused.

I doubt they will let you get away with just spending $32.

I’m sure they have a raft of dubious upsells they can offer you…

Vilson
    Participant
    Up

Hi Friends,

I am Agree with My Supporters and thanks for that.

Spammers never Give Signature or Identity.

I called to yellow pages Earlier, But can not find any Exact Answer, So i come to FS and i hope i will find Real Answer.

Thanks Again..

HansonBro
    • Total posts: 8
    Up
    My Wedding Concierge, post: 122922 wrote:
    I’m sure they have a raft of dubious upsells they can offer you…think you nailed it there, but replace ‘can’ with ‘will’ :)
    Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    vilson, post: 122928 wrote:
    Hi Friends,

I am Agree with My Supporters and thanks for that.

Spammers never Give Signature or Identity.

I called to yellow pages Earlier, But can not find any Exact Answer, So i come to FS and i hope i will find Real Answer.

Thanks Again..

Hi Vilson,
    Apologies if the recent discussion has made you feel uncomfortable in any way :(. We do know that you’re a legitimate forum member, and are very happy to have you on the boards.

As you’ll have noticed yourself, we do get a lot of spam around here, and unfortunately sometimes its easy for people to misunderstand other’s intentions and to mistake well-meaning queries and advice for something more sinister, so please don’t take it personally.

All the best,
    Jayne

Vilson
    Participant
    Up

thanks Jayne for Your Support too..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.