Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Yet another newbie!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Claire8ear
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone

I am planning on opening a baby/children’s shop near me.

Just in the planning/researching/learning stage at the moment! Any advice on anything is welcome! I am basically starting from scratch in terms of my knowledge of the retail industry. I know that might sound crazy, but I am excited & determined to do this!

Anyone who currently has a similar business – I would be very grateful for your help!

Cheers!
    Claire

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up

Hey Claire, and welcome. Where are you located? Will you be doing clothing, or toys, or accessories, all of the above or something else?

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

G’day Claire,

A warm welcome from all of us at FSHQ too :)

There are indeed many experienced retailers around here, so please feel free to post any specific queries you have, and I’m sure people will jump on board to offer you their advice.

All the best for the new venture,
    Jayne

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up

Hi Claire!

If you are crazy for wanting to do this, that makes the rest of us INSANE!

I love this sort of stuff, businesses, launching ideas and products. Watch out it can be addictive :)

Welcome

Claire8ear
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Hi again

Thanks everyone for your warm welcome! This site is so impressive and I already feel more confident knowing how much support is on hand!

I am in the Blue Mountains, NSW and am planning on opening a clothing/toys/book shop for kiddie winks.

Now to start trying to find answers to all the questions flying around in my head!

CB

Michelle Johnson
    • Total posts: 97
    Up

Hi Claire,
    Welcome and wishing you all the best through your research! I’m sure you will find some great resources on the forums, it’s great to see people are still keen to get into traditional retail! Looking forward to supporting you in the process – good luck.

Michelle

Gorgeous iPad Cases.com
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Welcome Claire,

Its a very exciting time to be opening your own business! I’m also new here, with my online store http://www.gorgeousipadcases.com just launching 3 days ago!

It’s an exciting journey!

If I can help answer any questions about getting an online store set up, please feel free to let me know!

Good luck with it all :-)

Bec
    http://www.gorgeousipadcases.com

http://www.facebook.com/gorgeousipadcases
    LIKE & SHARE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE for a chance to win a gorgeous iPad Case of your own!
    kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up

Very smart looking too Bec. Almost retro, like a 50s purse. You’ve got quite a few designs there.

Gorgeous iPad Cases.com
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    kathiemt, post: 124247 wrote:
    Very smart looking too Bec. Almost retro, like a 50s purse. You’ve got quite a few designs there.

Thanks! We have more on the way too!

We’ll be sourcing the most gorgeous ipad cases we can find, so stock will rotate quite regularly :-)

We’re very excited to be sharing these amazing designs plus many more to come!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.