Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Young and inspired couple

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Hobidi Bob
    • Total posts: 43
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone,

my Wife and I are from the Hunter Valley NSW. We ar both 27 and have been running our own Home Services business since mid 2013 and loving. Both of us still have jobs, Meghan at Donut King and recently resigned as Manager to concentrate on the business. I work as Prison Officer.

We have also put together a new business plan to buy a Donut King Franchise this year and are looking for an Investor.

We just joined FS today and have already found it to be full of information. If you are reading this, dont be shy, say hi.

Josh and Meghan

Dan_1
    • Total posts: 23
    Up

Hi Guy’s,
    Welcome!
    My girlfriend and I also own a recently established business in the Hunter Valley – supplying Property Management solutions to investors and property owners with in the area.
    We are also newbies to FS and found both the forum and the people to be more than friendly and helpfull.

Look forward to getting to know you both.

Good luck on your new venture.

Thanks

Dan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk – now Free

Hobidi Bob
    Up

Hey,

thanks for the reply. I just visited your website and noticed you were in Maitland. We live in Greta, both of us born and bred in Maitland. I see Laura is from Forster. What about you?

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi Josh and Meghan,

Welcome to Flying Solo!

Great to have you here and best of luck for the year ahead. :)

Dave

Dan_1
    Up

Hi,
    Yes I’m from Forster as well. I moved here about 9 years ago for work then Lauren came down two years after that.
    Our situation is basically the reverse of yours until the business is established enough to support us both. I am currently working full time for a mining company whilst Lauren Manages the operation of the business.

I would be interested to know more about the plans you guys have for your business.
    What areas will you service?
    What services are you going to provide?

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Sounds like you are well on your way to starting in business.

A franchise can be great if they provide you with the support you need so I wish you both well. Retail is a hard game with long hours.

Hobidi Bob
    Up

Hi Dan,

We have big plans for our business. We are currently offering Carpet Cleaning, domestic and office cleaning, vacate cleaning which we are currently working with 7 Real estate agencies in the Hunter, lawn mowing and gardeing.

We are currently working on a structure to start offering service such as personal massuese, personal chef and home renovations. After this we will be working on offering everything to do with a household including electricians, plumbers, pest control etc. We are also looking at extending our services to include the Central Coast and currently servicing Singleton to Newcastle.

You can check out our current website http://www.humdrumhomeservices.com.au

Hi MissSassy,

We think a Franchise would be a great move for our secong business. The hours wouldnt worry us as we would have it structured with a Manager, 2nd IC and then liase with them regarding how it should be run and budgets etc. Thank you for the reply

maidseasy
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

All I heard was Donuts and I was sold !

Anyway, welcome to FS guys! It’s great to see young people on here ! It’s inspiring stuff !

Hobidi Bob
    Up

Thanks maidseasy,

My wife and I have always wanted to own our own business and invest in property since we were 17. we always had money problems because of other priorities. Now is the time.

Oh and just to make you a little jealous. She gets to bring home free donuts.

Dan_1
    Up

Great stuff Guys,
    I’m interested to follow your journey with the development of your home services business.

Keep in touch!

Thanks

Dan

Hobidi Bob
    Up

Thanks Dan,

will do.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.