Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Young Couple Saying Hello!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Team Juku
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone!

My partner and I are looking to fly solo and get out of the rat race. We have started importing (very small amounts) and wanted to register an ABN. Can someone please kindly point us in the right direction and confirm if two people are able to share the same ABN?

Thank you : )

Jessica & Tim.

ThexArm
    • Total posts: 253
    Up

Hi,

Welcome to FS.

If there is only one person then they can register a business name and apply for ABN as a sole trader.

But, since you are 2 people you need to form a business structure such as a partnership or a pty company to establish and run your business. It is strongly suggested to get advise from your accountant in regards to choosing a right structure. They can advise you of any agreements you may need to do that.

Once a business structure is chosen and registered then you can apply for an ABN for that business.

sam_leader
    • Total posts: 660
    Up

Hi Jessica & Tim,

Welcome to Flying Solo. Good to see someone in the community has jumped in with a response.

Good luck on your journey out of the rat race. As someone who left it over a decade ago I can say I have zero regrets!

Sam

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hi and welcome

The Flying Solo forums are a hub of information so I am sure you will enjoy participating further in the various areas on here.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.