Home – New Forums Face-to-face meetups & events Young Leaders in Business Icon Challenge

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sam
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone,

After starting a small business, working in it for a time and learning an incredible amount, I decided to return to study. Through my university I was given the opportunity to be part of the Business Icon Challenge, which is a national business competition for 18 – 25 years old leaders who are put to the test with real world challenges. After making it through the initial round by raising a little over $1000 for charity in 48 hours from inside a room with a team of 3 others who had never met before the competition I was selected for the national final. The national final provides 32 young Australians with a chance to compete head to head for 6 days in numerous challenges with the entire event culminating in a gala dinner. During the dinner the competitors will present their ideas and be judged by the audience and judges such as Ruslan Kogan from Kogan Technologies.

My first challenge as part of the final is to find people interested in attending the event and helping support me. There will be 400 guests so it will be a great opportunity to network with both the current and future leaders of business!

If you or someone you know may be interested either coming or just finding out more about the competition send me an email or head to the Business Icon Challenge website http://businessicon.com/nationals-2012/tickets/

Event information:

Date: Tuesday 11th September 2012
    Time: 6:00pm to 9:30pm
    Inclusion: 3-course meal, live judging & guest speakers
    Venue: Zinc, Federation Square, Melbourne CBD
    Cost: $140pp or $1,200 for a table of ten

Sam

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up
    ::

What an interesting path you’re on Sam, and what an innovative event idea.

We wish you well with it…this is one of those times I wish I were in Melbourne!

Robert and the FS Crew

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.