Home – New Forums Money matters Your Bookkeeping / Adminstration Needs?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    MBasso
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hello soloists and start up businesses,
    I’m currently working on a business plan and trying to sort out how to run things for a new bookkeeping / administration business.

I’m wanting to know:
    What do start up businesses and start up tradies require from a bookkeeper?

How much time do you think you would be able to commit to paperwork and bookkeeping?

Do you feel it’s worth hiring a bookkeeping / administrator for a short periods while starting up and developing your business?

My specialty is in basic bookkeeping and advice – keeping things simple and easy to understand.
    I have been handling my husband’s bookkeeping (for free!) for 10 years and recently completed my cert IV in accounting.

Any feedback would be great!

Healthy Personal Finances
    • Total posts: 194
    Up

Hi
    I would suggest creating a survey in Survey Monkey (free) and post the same kind of questions with a bit more detail in the possible answers (you don’t just want yes or no answers as that won’t help you).
    People might not be so afraid to answer then as it won’t capture their name.
    Ask everyone you know (including flying solo) to fill out the survey and that should give you some really good feedback.
    Cheers
    Stacey

WhatsThePlanDan
    Participant
    • Total posts: 297
    Up

Hi there,

I second the idea of creating a survey as this means you will get the answers you specifically need.

For what it’s worth though, since I am exactly at the point you are referring to here is my comments…

As a startup I have a million things to do. I’ve done my own books before and I have a fairly good understanding of bookkeeping. What I am struggling with is getting my chosen accounting system set up (ensuring the GL is set up right so that I can track the things I want to track and report on the information I need to drive my business). This is a combination of lack of time and insufficient depth of understanding of the best way to set the system up.

Yes, you are right that tight budgets mean I would prefer to do the bulk of my own bookkeeping to keep costs down. I do intend to outsource my bookkeeping at some point and I do have to admit that whoever helped me set the system up would be highly likely to get my ongoing business when that happened so you are probably onto a winning idea there.

I hope that helps you in some way.

Cheers
    Daniel

Trish FCA
    • Total posts: 235
    Up

Hi there,

Outsourcing your set up to a professional bookkeeper will put a business on track to allow them to do the bulk of their own bookkeeping. For any business it’s a great idea to outsource what is not your field of expertise.

You might want to check if the services you are offering and charging for require you to be registered as a BAS agent.

Good luck with your new venture.

Cheers,

Trish

oliviabparker
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Do you feel it’s worth hiring a bookkeeping / administrator for a short periods while starting up and developing your business?

By outsourcing bookkeeping, you gain access to a team of professionals whose sole focus is to save you money and keep your financial records straight. At the same time, you can focus on your core business operations. I would consider Offshore Business Processing for outsourcing bookkeeping services, they’ll help you grow your business.

outbooksaus
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

If you have bookkeeping[Mod Edit To Remove Promotional Content] or administration needs, there are apps that can help you out.

1. Clockify has clock in and out functionality, time tracking, invoicing and payments, and expenses tracking.
    2. TimeCamp also has clock in and out functionality, time tracking, invoicing and payments, and expenses tracking.
    3. WorkHQ has clock in and out functionality, time tracking, invoicing and payments, and expenses tracking. It also has automatic hourly rates calculation based on your manually entered timesheets.
    4. Timetopper has clock in and out functionality, time tracking, invoicing and payments, and expenses tracking. It also has automatic hourly rates calculation based on your manually entered timesheets.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.