Home – New Forums Money matters Your Business Valuation During Coronavirus

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up
    ::

Part of the value of a business lies in it’s asset value when it comes time to sell.

The Coronavirus era must be playing havoc with business valuations.

I have already seen many businesses for sale that are Free – take over lease arrangements, particularly in the Cafe and other food sector.

Example of a Cafe You Can “Buy for Free”

I have also seen some ads in Business Wanted where the advertiser has explicitly said they are willing to buy in this period of uncertainty.

It must be extremely perplexing at the moment to put a value on many small businesses during current times.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 269238, member: 78928 wrote:
    I have already seen many businesses for sale that are Free – take over lease arrangements, particularly in the Cafe and other food sector.

Example of a Cafe You Can “Buy for Free”

The problem is some people will see this and think great, I get this for free.

Zero goodwill if there ever was any to start, lease costs, outstanding debts that could come with it (depending on arrangement), equipment leases, the list goes on.

Sadly there will be many people sucked in, please people anything free will cost you money.

RunicConvenience
    • Total posts: 186
    Up

sounds more like a debt trap looking for a new owner to take down when people start asking for missing payments. lol

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.