Home – New Forums Other discussions Your favoured charity

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    The Hobbit
    Participant
    • Total posts: 309
    Up
    ::

I support a Charity called ‘The Grey Man’ which is a covert operation to rescue children from brothels or slavery (yes it still exists). They are short of funds and need to build awareness. They have already had limited publicity on current affairs programs on Channels 7 & 10, plus a whole episode of ABC’s Australian Story.
    Operatives currently pay their own expenses, limiting The Grey Man’s ability to remove children from brothels. Please make a donation, at the very least give them a link on your homepage (see link on our homepage).

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up

Thank you for sharing this and for the great support you give your favoured charity. The work they do sounds wonderful.

Robert

The Hobbit
    Participant
    • Total posts: 309
    Up

I don’t understand why you changed the title of my post from ‘Child Prostitution’ to ‘Your favoured charity’.
    Sure the term prostitution is confronting, but nowhere as confronting as the actual trade. To stop this vile trade people need to be confronted, childrens’ lives are at stake.

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up

Hi Hobbit

You can blame me for the change. My intention was to open up the discussion a little wider and to make the thread more accessible to forum visitors. I totally applaud what you are doing and hope the profile you are giving the charity does much to support their valuable work.

I apologise if my actions upset you, that was not my motivation!

Robert

bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up

I’m glad you changed it as actually I was a bit scared to click on it as I wasn’t sure what I would see / read!

It’s very sad.

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

I am also glad you changed the title – when there is so much spam in this forum that has to be deleted, the post initially looked like it was one of those. (Obviously not on reading it.)

The Grey Man charity is doing great work. I like the slogan, ‘no man is free while children are enslaved’.

There is also a division of World Vision that rescues children as well from child slavery and helps them to regain a worthwhile life.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.