Home – New Forums Other discussions Your little routines to get your day started…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    ::

Morning All,

Was having a rather unique conversation with a contact yesterday over, what else, a coffee and we both slowly divulged how we have our own little routine every morning before we really get started with work…

So, i am curious if you have your little regular routine before you also commence your daily jobs/asks?

For me, its quite simple.. I take my boys to school, grab a coffee on the way to the office, sit at my computer for about 30 minutes with my coffee and slowly enjoy.. slowly allow the eyes to completely open from the rested state and whilst sitting at the computer do some mundane tasks such as check personal ebay account (i run a few on the side) + log into an FB game i play with people all over the world and send a few messages + check if there are any (oh boy how do i share this, even though those that know me here know!) ‘latest releases at the movies’ and then i am set…

Looks like i do a lot, but its on autopilot.. LOL.. then i generally start around 9ish :)..

You peeps?

Look forward to anyone willing to share…

NOW get to work.. ;)

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up

Life moves a little slower these days, no more kids, no commute.

Generally watch the dawn rise with a decent coffee … check messages, depending on the in tray, start by 7 – 7.30 (don’t turn the phone on before 9.00 – totally anti social prior to 2nd coffee).

Aim to have the in tray empty by lunch … works sometimes.

Today it won’t. Sun’s shining for the first time in ages, too nice outside to get serious about work. Only came in to check the emails :)

Cheers

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    estim8, post: 195397 wrote:
    (don’t turn the phone on before 9.00 – totally anti social prior to 2nd coffee).

LOVE IT!

Enjoy the sun today mate.. sit, relax and enjoy the no KIDS, NO WORK, NO EMAILS and NO PHONE.. just focus on FS>> LOL

Be well mate,, love your input..

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Decidedly similar…….

8ish Drop my daughter at the bus stop

Drive the 5ish minutes to the office

Flip open the laptop and grab a takeaway coffee with a couple of the guys I share the office with.

Straight into the emails prior to any meetings

Greg_M
    Up
    SimplyReplica, post: 195404 wrote:
    Enjoy the sun today mate.. sit, relax and enjoy

Not quite, back in responding to a call … and there’s been no “sitting” … shifted a huge pile of mulch, and I’m about to pick mandarins.

My version of a “gym”.

Will probably sneak a nap around 2.00 though :)

Cheers

Lindz
    • Total posts: 254
    Up

Hey Jason,

Funny you should ask right now. Began my new routine yesterday: One hour of serious gardening before anything else.
    Great exercise and generally up before first light anyway. So all scrubbed up and ready to start on the other stuff by 8.30.
    And if it’s raining? Probably just go for a walk in the rain for the hour instead.

Nice talking to you. Go easy on that multi-tasking.;)

Lindsay

ScarlettR
    • Total posts: 396
    Up

6.30am rise, and then off to the gym right away for about an 1 1/2 hour work out. When I get home I shower, make myself a smoothie, and then the first 30 minutes of the day at the desk is normally Facebooking, catching up on news, outlining my to-do list for the day before I get stuck into it.

Daniel Mitchell
    • Total posts: 56
    Up

I find as the day goes on I get distracted by everyone else’s problems to deal with so I like to get as much done as possible before the real day starts. I’m up at 5 each morning and spend at least an hour reading or learning something useful (this morning it was a book about information management); my multi-tasking skills are tested here as I eat breakfast while I read. I then spend a few minutes planning the day before focussing on some long-term projects for a couple of hours or doing some admin work. By 9 I’ve managed to achieve something before the phone starts ringing and I get pulled into the other stuff. I don’t have kids to deal with so the morning is quite peaceful :)

Greg_M
    Up

Nap cancelled … too nice a day, time for tea break though.

Interested to see there’s some more early riser’s … best part of the day if you can manage it.

help4bis.com
    • Total posts: 268
    Up

Routine… no such thing…. no day is the same :-).

Generally 2-3am call to the US to see what’s happening there.
    Breakie
    4sh get the schedule for the day, so the “troops” know what to do.
    7sh coffee and breakie with the fam and do the rounds on the farm.
    9sh first conf calls in AU and starting consultancy work all those bits and the normal day to day of running businesses will take me to 6sh.
    I do a bit of FlyingSolo spamming throughout the day.
    Bit of play with the kids, dinner.
    8sh day wrap up.
    8 – 10sh telly, study..

That be it pretty much… Days need to be 48hrs not 24hrs… obviously.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up

Well, whilst i am LOVING all the replies from those that i would normally expect to have AWESOME INPUT i must say it is that time of the morning again.. The next 24 hours have kicked off, coffee in hand.. reading good old FS, checking latest movie releases ;) and getting set for the day..

Forgot to mention one key thing i tend to do each morning is to set aside my MUST DO TASKS for the day on a daily ‘journal’ (really a notebook with daily activities) and tick each off as i progress.. Also carry over previous days not so important to do’s as well… Tends to work a lil for me, but i do get a tad distracted from time to time…

Cheers, all the best for the day everyone.. Get back to doing the farm walks, or the gardening, or in some peoples cases taking a shower soon and so forth.. TY all for the input, its what has me coming back here regularly knowing that a great core group of peeps help out when needed :)

Jason

Karen333
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Last year I wrote down as one of my goals to jump out of bed happy. Well, after a transformational few months, the final link in the chain was reading ‘The Miracle Morning’ by Hal Elrod. I am now on Day 19 of his 30 day program. I won’t give away his secrets, but let’s just say I am no longer a grumpy morning person and I arise each morning at 5.30am a very happy person! Highly recommended read :)

ShaniW
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

If it’s a morning where my daughter works, I get out of bed about 6.30am to drop her at work by 7. If not, then I tend to rise about 7.

From there my morning routine is pretty much the same – about 30 minutes of yoga and some stationary cycling, porridge with sultanas and coffee in Winter, muesli with fruit and coffee in Summer. Into the office to check email and respond to social media as most of my clients/prospective clients are overseas, then consult my weekly schedule for what my focus will be for the rest of the day.

Like others, I find I get my best work done in the morning so I schedule the stuff I really need to focus on then. The not-so-tough stuff gets done from about 11am onwards and I go with the flow for the rest of the day. I make a point of actually turning my computer off at dinner time, though, so that I get some relaxation time, although I will admit to checking email once or twice a night via the iPad, but I only answer urgent stuff.

The gardening is on my afternoon list :)

Joel Krause
    • Total posts: 103
    Up
    • 6am Wake up
    • Shower/breakfast
    • 30min Meditation
    • COFFEE
    • Get the Elvis Presley happening
    • Sit at my desk until 9am – I’ve made a vouch to myself that I would limit the access I have to my business before 9am ie phones are off!
    • Turn on phone
    • Call all the important people/respond to voicemails
    • The rest of the day is work work work (okay and a little bit of fun, too!)
    ShaniW
    • Total posts: 32
    Up
    Joel Krause, post: 196310 wrote:
    • 30min Meditation
    • COFFEE
    • Get the Elvis Presley happening

I just LOVE the combination of meditation and Elvis, Joel!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.