Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Your local Friendly, Female, Freelancer!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    TwiinPhotography
    • Total posts: 23
    Up
    ::

Good evening FS Followers :)

I’m a freelance photographer, based in Sydney.

I’m thirsty for tips/tricks and networking.

I’ve started my own business from scratch, everything (on my own) from the bottom. Marketing, Banking, Appointments, Designed my own website – you name it. One woman show!

I love the feeling of being totally in control of my business and it’s reputation.
    It’s also a bit nerve racking at times, as I want to explore my options and challenge myself.

I’m currently working F/T at a ‘job’ to pay the bills whilst my ‘dream’ takes a weekend warrior approach until my clientele picks up.

I’m ambitious and focussed and ready to learn and grow!

Look forward to speaking with like-minded business owners and freelancers alike.

If you don’t mind the plug and have a few moments, please wander over to my website and complete my quick survey to help me gain invaluable knowledge about my websites strengths and needs for improvement!

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!!

~ Melanie
    http://www.twiinphotography.com.au

http://www.facebook.com/twiinphotography
    http://www.twitter.com/twiinphotog
    http://www.twiinphotog.tumblr.com

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

Hi Melanie and welcome.

Have completed the survey for you – lovely shots !!

Wendy

BrettM33
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up

Hi Melanie,

Welcome to the forum & GL on your new venture!

One suggestion though….. when you can afford to I would look at getting your website redone, as in it’s current forum it’s not search engine friendly as it’s made in Flash & it can’t be indexed well as the SE’s will have trouble finding the text within the site.

One more suggestion on the website is that when you mouseover the navigation options on the left, the text is hard to see…. I would change that so it’s easier to see. :)

Brett

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Melanie,

Welcome to the forum, and good luck with everything. Sounds like you’re all fired up and full of determination, so I’m sure you’ll get where you’re going in no time at all.

Thanks for joining us,
    Jayne

TwiinPhotography
    Up

Thank you Wendy! I am making changes to my site as we speak – thank you for your candid feedback, I truly appreciate it!

Thanks Brett! I have been wantng to do this for awhiel now, just out of my budget but I shall have to stop D.I.Y and hand over the reigns ;)
    I was not aware that SE’s pull text from the site but was frustrated by flash not being compatible with Apple products, so I know I’m losing LOTS of potential clients.

Hi Jayne! Thank you. I’ve got a long way to go but FS will surely assist :)

TwiinPhotography
    Up

THANK YOU!!!!

I’ve followed all the feedback from some members of ‘FS’:

Changed my wording to be more personal, rather than third person.
    Enlarged my font and made it easier to read.
    Changed the font to be something more legible.
    Scrapped the PayPal for booking deposits
    Scrapped the attendee limit per photoshoot
    Explained WHY twiin has TWO ii’s ;)

Am I getting there?

http://www.twiinphotography.com.au

AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up

Hi Melanie,

Congratulations on your endeavours to date, and as someone else who tried at their own website, your site looks fantastic!

Firstly, there is a LinkedIn thread on here somewhere, so if you want to expand your network on there, that could be a good starting point. I would imagine you are already across all of the wedding forums etc.

Do you do corporate photography too? don’t know what your schedule is like for July, but here in Brisbane I am running a Young Entrepreneurs Event, and you would be welcome to take photos on the evening, and in exchange use it as an opp to promote your business.

Ange79
    • Total posts: 173
    Up

Hi Melanie!

Congratulations on the fantastic work you have done with your website and building your portfolio! What you have done is impressive and you guys really look professional as photographers – well done.

I do think you need to create a logo that stands you guys out and really emphasises the twin part. That’s cool, and you can certainly have an awesome logo done that incorporates that. Bolder colours as well that reflects your personality is great too.

I got the impression from your intro that you’re a really bubbly, outgoing person but your colours on your site are very faint – I think bright colours will really do you guys lots of justice.

I think copy as well can be more compelling for prospects. See your website as a lead generation machine.

I think as well, with your About section, have a photograph of you guys. People love to see the people behind the business now and it is YOU who makes your business unique.

Don’t be afraid to show your personality in your website – the copy and the visual design.

I completed the survey – which is a GREAT idea by the way – but just wanted to comment on a few things here as well, to give you some more feedback.

This said though, you have done an AMAZING job creating your own site and doing this all by yourself. I certainly wouldn’t be able to build a site these days!

I look forward to following your success (and lots of it!) here on Flying Solo! Do you have a Facebook Fan Page too?

Cheers and happy weekend!
    Ange :)

TwiinPhotography
    Up

Thank you so much for your positive feedback!!!

I have taken of the advice on here on board and have dramatically changed my site :)

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!
    Mel

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.