Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Your opinions – Signage design

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Tlees1611
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hi Guys,
    We are just putting together a trailer for our kids sports business so we can park it around the local neighborhood to try and generate some additional brand awareness in the local community.
    I am looking for some feedback on how we can improve our signage before it goes to print?

1. What needs reviewing? Signage to go on trailer (front back & sides) The sign will be 1.4m wide x 1m high
    2. What does your business do? we develop kids passion in sport and promoting a healthier generation. Our services include multisport term program for preschool aged (2 1/2 – 5yr) old kids and school holiday camps for 4-9yr olds on Sydney’s northern beaches.
    3. Who is your target market? Target market is mums and dads on sydney’s northern beaches with children from newborn through to 10yrs old.
    4. What specific concerns do you have?

– Should we have the text around the phone no? or leave it by itself?
    – Are there too many colours?
    – Any other opinions?

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Tim
    http://www.sportylittlemunchkins.com.au

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Tim,

Good on you for being brave enough to put your sign up for review on your first visit to the forum :)

To make sure you understand what to expect, please read the guidelines at the top of the page, which apply specifically to this part of the site.

Good luck for your review, and thanks for joining Flying Solo.
    Jayne

Healthy Personal Finances
    • Total posts: 194
    Up

Hi Tim

Love the concept and the only things I would say is that there is a lot of information on there. I am worried that people might get distracted before getting the information they need.
    I also find the letter “s” in the website spelling looks a little bit weird ? Maybe that is just me.

Good luck
    Stacey

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Not sold on the font decisions, but see that the main one is your logo.

I can count three different fonts, which gives it a messy feel.

I would try and find a good graphic designer to help.

K M
    • Total posts: 22
    Up

Just adding my two cents,

Love the concept. If I saw something like this in my local area when my daughter was between those ages I would have been interested. I’m really not feeling the sign though. For sure the fonts make it look a little messy, as do the colours. The phone number I would have put in the centre at the bottom, not slightly to the side where it is now, and needs to be bigger!

If this sort of add was going to get attention I would think it would look good in bold and maybe capitals. Colours I can see going well with this could be white background, bold black letters and a splash of light or bright blue. Something about the current colours don’t go well to me. It looks more like a child care ad. That’s just my opinion. I think something about the three colours white black and blue seems sporty. I would also agree less writing would be better. Too much to read while driving. Something that could stand out and represent what you are doing could be a picture of a soccer ball, football etc.

I know that’s a lot of criticism but this is coming from a mum with a 5 and a half year old, who was looking for local sports to put my daughter in before she started school. Nothing ever got my attention enough though, and soccer joeys was a bit of a rip off. So she just continued her swimming lessons as her only ‘sport’ until this year when she was old enough to join the local netball team. If I saw something like this advertised (if it got my attention) I would have definatley enquired and found out if it was affordable for us.

So I really think the sign needs to be simplified and focused on a sporty feel. I don’t know if this sign would have gotten my attention, but I love what you guys are doing.

=)

K M
    • Total posts: 22
    Up

One more thing definatley don’t need the texts around the phone number at all. I would just centre it and make it bigger =)

WhatsThePlanDan
    Participant
    • Total posts: 297
    Up

Hi Tim,

Love the creative thinking on using your trailer (I used to have a major franchise and it was always hammered into us that our trailer and its signage was our biggest marketing asset and to drive around the area at random when we didn’t have enough work on!).

We obviously have to imagine it much bigger than on our screens. Here’s my feedback:

What is the number one way people are going to see it – is it driving by? If so, what speed will they be doing? Put yourselves in their shoes in that situation – would the ad grab your attention AND would you remember anything about it later after you’ve blazed past it? Personally, I think these days people retain URLs more easily than phone numbers so do you really want to push people to call or to visit the website? The other thing is they may remember the name of the business and do a Google search when they get home. They will only do any of that though if they get a clear picture of what you do from the quick glance on the way by – does your ad do that?

Of course, if you feel they will see it another way (e.g. playing in the park next door to the trailer) then the above questions still apply but may have different answers.

It may also help you to look at some of the car signage posts on the forum (just do a search – heaps will come up).

Now, bear in mind I’m no expert and I am certainly not suggesting there is anything wrong with your ad (apart from being a little too much to take in if I was driving by I think it would look very effective on a bright white trailer) – I am more just wanting to point out some things to consider. Good luck with it and I hope I’ve been of more help than hindrance! :D

Cheers
    Daniel

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up

What is the number ONE thing you want people to know when they see your signage?

How do you want them to feel?

As Matt mentioned, there are alot of typefaces there.. streamlining those + the ad will help..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.