Home – New Forums Tech talk your own in-house blog server.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    LukeH
    • Total posts: 29
    Up
    ::

I agree completely with BrightBiz. I have only purchased WordPress themes from only two places – iThemes and Revolution!!

iThemes and Revolution both have great looking Themes with excellent support.

Wordpress is just a fantastic, easy to use website or blogging platform.

I initially become aware of WordPress about a year ago from BecomeABlogger.com – I haven’t checked it out in a while, but there are some great tutorials on setting up a WordPress blog. That site might help you with the installation etc.

MissieK
    • Total posts: 234
    Up
    MYOB, post: 1398 wrote:
    what is your blog address MissieK?

I have a couple of blogs, but the one on its own domain is Business Mums Blog

Melissa

@HeatherSmithAU
    • Total posts: 525
    Up

Thanks – it looks very clean with good content.

johnsonkyle25
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

I’d say it’s really not a good idea to host it yourself, you would lose too much time in technical aspects and that would make your content less desirable which is what matters in the end.

Adam Randall
    • Total posts: 382
    Up

I agree with the post above, people visit the blog for information, I would spend more time on that than worrying about the look and feel.

If there are quick and dirty templates that change the look then I would do that.

***Hows the above for subliminal advertising, sent to a web site called quick and dirty and now Im using it in my sentences….

Hosting these things yourself is really not a good idea unless you are quite experienced.

There are also different levels of self hosting, having your own server under the desk, your own hosting space, or a virtual server, I cannot see how the benefits would outweigh the negatives on something like this.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.