Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Youtube marketing language

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    adispy
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hello all,
    I had to write this in order to get some opinions or advices about how I am thinking to market my business.

I am still employed and doing freelancing for many years now and I love it more than working for a company and I had decided to eventually go on my own, but first I need some solid clients before quitting my job.

I am doing IT infrastructure stuff (security, virtualization, networking etc) and I already have a blog for many, many years and now I want to promote myself also using Youtube and online courses.
    The questions I am having:
    – Should I do the Youtube videos in english or in my own language?
    – Should I mix them (english and my native language)?
    – Create two Youtube channels?

I want to reach customers outside my country also, but if I do them in english I don’t know if I will get clients locally.

Any thoughts are welcome. Thanks.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,245
    Up

Hi And Welcome to Flying Solo. It is great to have you!

Thank you for joining our community and posting.

I like the concepts of doing small experiments. Small, low cost and low risk.

I know of a very successful motorcycle reviewer that has 2 x channels, one in English and one in Portuguese.

I have seen some videos in 2 x languages and hate them – as a consumer, when the YouTuber starts speaking another language, I switch off.

Good luck with your move.

Cheers

adispy
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Thanks for your response.
    I kind of thought the same, having two channels because in my country the investment in the IT infrastructure is not that great (using cheap stuff), so I cannot create advanced videos since local small and medium businesses are not using this kind of technology anyway.

Another thing that popped-up in my head is:
    Do you think that I should show my face in a small circle or something in the video, or just the plain and simple video?

Adrian

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,245
    Up

Hi Adrian,

I have seen it done both ways. The reason to do it is that it builds trust. This is particularly important if you want to be seen as an expert.

The reason against is to keep your anonymity.

Cheers
    Paul

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.