Home – New Forums Tech talk YouTube Videos

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    New2Biz
    • Total posts: 30
    Up
    ::

Hello Everyone

Can you please suggest/recommend and/or give feedback to help make YouTube Videos:

1. How to make (animated) YouTube videos?
    2. What software to use? (for video production, editing, voice-overs, etc.)
    3. Is there any way that the channel owner does not have to use their own voice? I know about TTS (Text to Speech) – but they don’t sound natural – or do they?
    4. Do you think viewers care if a video is using TTS instead of real/natural voice?
    5. Any other suggestions and/or feedback will be appreciated.

Thank You, everyone, & have a nice day !!

Roman K
    • Total posts: 44
    Up

Making animated videos is HARD WORK, I created an online course with about 50 videos with exciting animation but it took about 3 months for 2 people, and 1 person was editing videos and animations all the time FULL TIME.

To answer your questions:

1.find ways to animate static pictures (for example Powerpoint) or find online service, we use Powerpoint, then embed them into a video editing software

2. We use Adobe tools for video editing

3. You can hire a voice over talent. Go to fiverr or elsewhere, but it’s expensive and takes time to communicate, I would try it first, then if it’s working I would build a reliable system to keep videos going

4. They do, I personally hate it and people are sceptical, any machine voice would often be considered as scam without even watching the whole video

5. Justify creating videos cause the process is EXTREMELY slow, alternaitively, do low production videos from your smart phone without animations and bells and whistles. Get your message out there first to see if it works before investing a day of your time in perfecting videos. I wasted years of time doing that in the past. It is painful.

Hope that helps

New2Biz
    Up
    Roman K, post: 263862, member: 72542 wrote:
    Making animated videos is HARD WORK, I created an online course with about 50 videos with exciting animation but it took about 3 months for 2 people, and 1 person was editing videos and animations all the time FULL TIME.

To answer your questions:

1.find ways to animate static pictures (for example Powerpoint) or find online service, we use Powerpoint, then embed them into a video editing software

2. We use Adobe tools for video editing

3. You can hire a voice over talent. Go to fiverr or elsewhere, but it’s expensive and takes time to communicate, I would try it first, then if it’s working I would build a reliable system to keep videos going

4. They do, I personally hate it and people are sceptical, any machine voice would often be considered as scam without even watching the whole video

5. Justify creating videos cause the process is EXTREMELY slow, alternaitively, do low production videos from your smart phone without animations and bells and whistles. Get your message out there first to see if it works before investing a day of your time in perfecting videos. I wasted years of time doing that in the past. It is painful.

Hope that helps

Thank You heaps for your detailed reply.

1. I 100% agree with you about monetisation of these videos – I want to start this as a side gig and see if it takes off.

2. What is your opinion about Videoscribe or similar software?

3. One of the reasons, I want to make animated videos cause I believe it will maintain my privacy.

4. (My biggest burning question is) What is the option if I do not want to use my voice? If I hire someone from Fivver that person may not be available for my next video and it will lose consistency. As you said text to speech may sound not-genuine.

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Start simple. Make up some nice powerpoint slides and turn those into videos, with the only “animation” being the change of slides, and basic addition or removal of graphics and words.

To solve your voice-over problem, you could write the scripts first, have someone do all the voice-overs at once, then use them as you need them when you create the visuals. Or if your only concern is anonymity, you could alter your voice using audio software.

Dave

New2Biz
    Up
    Dave – FS Concierge, post: 263901, member: 49676 wrote:
    Start simple. Make up some nice powerpoint slides and turn those into videos, with the only “animation” being the change of slides, and basic addition or removal of graphics and words.

To solve your voice-over problem, you could write the scripts first, have someone do all the voice-overs at once, then use them as you need them when you create the visuals. Or if your only concern is anonymity, you could alter your voice using audio software.

Dave
    Thank You, Dave. Point taken. I will try to figure out Powerpoint v/s VideoScribe.

And will look at some voice editing software too :)

Roman K
    • Total posts: 44
    Up
    New2Biz, post: 263900, member: 111213 wrote:
    2. What is your opinion about Videoscribe or similar software?

3. One of the reasons, I want to make animated videos cause I believe it will maintain my privacy.

4. (My biggest burning question is) What is the option if I do not want to use my voice? If I hire someone from Fivver that person may not be available for my next video and it will lose consistency. As you said text to speech may sound not-genuine.

2. Not sure, never used it.

3. I respect your privacy but read the 5 Top Regrets Of The Dying People. We only live one life. Go for your dreams, don’t hide from someone, years pass by fast. Apologies if this one is too philosophical.

4. I was worried about things like that years ago until I realized how much time those worries take. I used to be a perfectionist but not anymore. Personally I wouldn’t worry about consistency at all. Have you proved those videos will make you at least a dollar? If not, your number one goal must be making one video, launching it and testing with 0 dollars in 24 hours. Do whatever it takes to prove your idea first before attempting to perfect the details if at all.

New2Biz
    Up
    Roman K, post: 263911, member: 72542 wrote:
    2. Not sure, never used it.

3. I respect your privacy but read the 5 Top Regrets Of The Dying People. We only live one life. Go for your dreams, don’t hide from someone, years pass by fast. Apologies if this one is too philosophical.

4. I was worried about things like that years ago until I realized how much time those worries take. I used to be a perfectionist but not anymore. Personally I wouldn’t worry about consistency at all. Have you proved those videos will make you at least a dollar? If not, your number one goal must be making one video, launching it and testing with 0 dollars in 24 hours. Do whatever it takes to prove your idea first before attempting to perfect the details if at all.
    Thank You for very frank and genuine advice. I 100% agree with you that we only live once and hence there is no point running away or shying away from people worrying about their judgements. I will really take this on board for my life. Thank You.

businesstrade
    Participant
    • Total posts: 215
    Up

Avoid using tech to speech tools for making adverts or YouTube videos. Usually only the weird videos utilise them. You’re better off paying for a voice actor to do the voicing of the video if you don’t want to use your own.

businesstrade.com.aubuy or sell a business
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.