Home – New Forums Tech talk Yp seo

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    NickMorris
    Participant
    • Total posts: 283
    Up
    ::

Not sure how long they’ve been offering this but just noticed that YP have an SEO service: http://www.yellowadvertising.com.au/solutions/search-marketing.html

“Receive ongoing on-site and off-site optimisation, including professional copy-writing, creation of blog posts and social bookmarking.”

I wonder how that social bookmarking is going for them ;)

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up

Hi Nick.
    Yellow Pages had been touting their SEO services for a while.

IMHO, corporate SEO services don’t lend themselves to the small business world.

Big business needs procedures, training and monitoring. Small business must be more focused on flexibility and rapidly changing strategies.

Anyone who claims social media bookmarking will help their SEO activities is questionable in my mind.

YP is just one of thousands of directory websites. Does anyone use it any more?

I doubt it will exist in 10 years time.
    Just MHO.
    Regs,
    JohnW

pauls
    • Total posts: 120
    Up

Hmm good old Sensis, how to turn a market advantage into nothing…
    Its pretty clear they don’t understand online and have been struggling with an offering to capture lost directory revenue for years now. Last I checked they were selling AdWords and websites.
    Still amazes me how they purchased trading post and killed it. Carsales must be laughing all the way to the bank..

Wardman
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

They offered my business a ‘free’ trial of AdWords where they gave us $100 credit each month. We had no input into the text used in the ads, the keywords they were using or the geo-targeting. If you wanted any of that you had to upgrade.

We cancelled.

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

They still remain behind the times I guess they probably offer a back-linking service too with sketchy back-links left right and centre.

John Romaine
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,108
    Up

Its a sinking ship.

Man over board.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.