How to attract an endless supply of clients
Attracting a never-ending supply of clients for your solo business is completely possible, especially if you’re proactive, creative, and willing to ask yourself some tough questions.
The following tips will help ensure your supply of clients never runs out.
The act of giving something (with genuine intent) almost guarantees that you’ll receive something in return, whether it’s more leads, more referrals or just more great feelings. It’s actually part of a social phenomenon known as the Norm of Reciprocation.
Be endlessly true to yourself
As a micro business owner, at some point you made a choice to be captain of your own ship. But are you happy at the helm? If you’re not, there will always be something holding you back from attracting more clients, whether it’s fear, frustration, stress or just plain boredom. All of these feelings and emotions may actually repel clients as opposed to attracting them.
So ask yourself:
"The point of interacting isn’t about ‘selling’. It’s about sharing, listening and learning. Build on your relationships, and the leads and clients will come."
- Are you really doing the work you love?
- Are you really working with your ideal clients?
- Are you really being true to yourself?
If there are things you don’t like about your business, then make some positive changes and steer your ship to a brighter horizon. With your new, enthusiastic outlook, I’m sure you’ll see many new clients waiting for you on the shore.
Learning endlessly doesn’t just refer to learning new skills and updating your knowledge, although that’s definitely important. It also involves learning about:
- Whether your clients are happy with your products and services, and if not, why not?
- Whether your clients are happy with your level of customer service, and if not, why not?
- Whether your clients will refer you to others, and if not, why not?
- Whether you are keeping up with important changes in your industry.
- Whether you are marketing your business regularly and in the most effective way possible.
The answers to these questions will provide valuable insights, allowing you to make any necessary changes. By being proactive and responsive, you’ll continue to attract an endless supply of clients.
Want more articles like this? Check out the attracting new business section.
You can interact with your prospects, colleagues, clients and like-minded people in so many different ways:
- Through online forums
- Through Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Google +, LinkedIn and so on
- By sending out a weekly, fortnightly or monthly e-newsletter
- By arranging a webinar or presentation in order to share useful information
- By having a regular catch up with a valued colleague or colleagues
- By attending organised networking events
But remember, the point of interacting isn’t about ‘selling’. It’s about sharing, listening and learning. Build on your relationships, and the leads and clients will come.
Be creative, not just because it helps you stand out from the crowd, but because it’s fun and helps to rekindle your own motivational fire!
If there’s a market for what you offer, and you’re regularly pursuing the appropriate ‘endless’ strategies for your small business, then there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be attracting an endless supply of clients!
What are your tips for attracting an endless supply of clients for a soloist?