There are a variety of ways to spread the word about your business – developing a PR plan encorporating promotional activities is surely the way to succeed in solo brand marketing.
Public relations is communicating who you are, what you do and how you make a difference. It’s about having successful “relationships” with your “public”. They could be friends, clients, potential customers, competitors or the media – all can help spread the word about your business.
One way of communicating your message is through publicity or media relations. Sending out media releases to create awareness of your product or service is great publicity but is just one tactic you can incorporate into an overall PR plan.
Let’s look at a few other ideas:
- Write articles about your area of expertise and submit them to business or consumer publications
- Fact sheets or a brochure, in fact any written information about your product or service that you can include with any mail outs
- Create a website. This is your online PR brochure but you need to keep telling people about it
- Product launches and product giveaways to the media
Want more articles like this? Check out the business branding section.
- Public speaking, such as free speeches to Rotary clubs or other organisations,is a good way of letting people know about your business and area of expertise
- Networking is a great way of meeting people and making contacts
- Special events such as a trade show or entering business awards.
- Try sponsoring an event that somebody else is organising. Make sure your sponsorship is acknowledged on any advertising and other communication collateral.
- Something as simple as sending thank you notes and letters is good personal PR
- Newsletters: hard copy or email newsletters (ezines) offer direct communication with clients and prospects.
Go here to find out more on ezines – Ed.