Podcast: First Kiss Video: Behind the scenes
The famous (or is it infamous?) First Kiss video has more than 69 million YouTube views! In this podcast Tim Reid speaks with the video’s creator, Melissa Coker of Wren Studios.
Melissa reveals how she came up with the idea for First Kiss, the importance of using an emotional connection in your marketing, and how you can use creative ideas and partnerships to make your content go viral.
Okay, so it turns out the video was actually a marketing video, which seemed to disappoint many of the cynics out there. But what clever marketing! Where could you get exposure like this for only $1300 (the budget for the video AFTER it blew out)? Melissa also opens up about the unexpected effect the video has had on her life and the two craziest things that have happened since the video went viral.
In this session of small business big marketing podcast, you’ll discover:
- How the First Kiss video has changed Melissa’s business (and life) in unexpected ways
- The two craziest (personal) things that have happened since the launch of the First Kiss video
- How creating an emotional connection is crucial to making your marketing interesting AND powerful
- The biggest asset to your marketing that could be sitting (unused) right under your nose
- How the success of a creative marketing idea can lead to outcomes “beyond your wildest dreams”
- The power of video marketing and how to harness it to grow your business
- The importance of being different and how you can use your own individuality to build a memorable brand
- Why you shouldn’t follow what the big brands are doing (Hint: they’re usually playing catch-up with YOU)
- What sites like Buzzfeed and Upworthy can teach you about using emotional hooks in your marketing
- Forming partnerships with other businesses to piggyback on new and interesting marketing ideas
- How the more clever the idea, the less you need to spend on marketing (the First Kiss video was made for $1300!)
- PLUS, why your website needs to be mobile-friendly right NOW
About these podcasts: The Small Business, Big Marketing podcasts are characterised by plenty of chit chat from Tim who’ll typically kick off with nuggets of advice and tell shaggy dog stories before diving in to the episode’s topic. Sit back, relax and enjoy!
Duration: 50:49 minutes
Links to resources mentioned in the show: http://smallbusinessbigmarketing.com/marketing-podcast-180/
To subscribe to this show in iTunes, please head here.