Podcast: How to use cold calling to make money
Cold calling freaks out many small business owners. But done correctly, it’s a great marketing strategy to help generate more enquiries and sales.
Tim Reid talks with Jenny Cartwright, cold calling and telesales expert from Telesales Training and they come up with answers to your most pressing cold calling questions. Are you ready to discover how to use cold calling to grow your business?
During this Small Business Big Marketing podcasts, Jenny answers questions that will help you to gain a better understanding of the benefits of cold calling and how to get the results you deserve:
- How to get the edge over your competitors, who don’t use the phone, to connect with potential customers.
- How to arm yourself with information to get the answer you want from the decision maker.
- Why cold calling can help you create more leads and who you should be calling.
- How to get past the ‘gate keeper’ (Dobermans).
- How you overcome the mindset of ‘fear’ to make a call.
- Why following up with a phone call makes a difference to the conversion.
- Some great opening lines and how to get more information from the prospect.
- Phrases and habits that are ‘call killers’.
- What’s the target conversion rate for cold and follow up calls?
- 3 ways to get referrals.
- Outsourcing the role of telemarketer.
- How to build rapport.
- How to change a cold call into a warm call.
- When not to cold call.
- How to deal with ‘fob offs’.
- Top 3 closing statements that get results.
- How to overcome objections.
- What is 75 per cent more important than anything else on the call.
- Why outsourcing is not the best option and what to do about it.
Plus Tim recommends a list of different strategies to help with services marketing and discusses feedback the he received from small business owners who previously struggled and are now getting great results.
About these podcasts: The Small Business, Big Marketing podcasts are characterised by plenty of chit chat from Tim who’ll typically kick off with nuggets of advice and tell shaggy dog stories before diving in to the episode’s topic. Sit back, relax and enjoy!
Duration: 1:04:59 minutes
Links to resources mentioned in the show: http://smallbusinessbigmarketing.com/marketing-podcast-159/
To subscribe to this show in iTunes, please head here.