Podcast: Video marketing strategy with SEO implications
Johnathan Reichwald from Frankston in Victoria is no ordinary council worker. He cleverly used the power of YouTube and some crowd sourced content to knock all the bad stuff about his suburb off page one of Google and replace it with good news stories.
Johnathan decided to help improve the image of his town by introducing a video marketing strategy that brought the Frankston community together and helped to promote the town via Frankston TV. Here’s what is discussed in this Small Business Big Marketing podcast.
- Why making a video organic is better for business.
- How a video competition helped with YouTube views, links, and bringing the search engine result to the top.
- Why you should set up an option for the public to upload videos to a selected space on your site and how it will help promote your business.
- Why some videos received in the competition were knocked back.
- How the original concept of their video competition has evolved to help small businesses in the area.
- How this simple idea has developed into a Channel 31 TV Show.
- How you can use the community to build your content.
- What strategy Johnathan used to get past council bureaucracy and get his marketing strategy off the ground.
About these podcasts: The Small Business, Big Marketing podcasts are characterised by plenty of chit chat from Tim who’ll typically kick off with nuggets of advice and tell shaggy dog stories before diving in to the episode’s topic. Sit back, relax and enjoy!
Duration: 59:41 minutes
Links to resources mentioned in the show: http://smallbusinessbigmarketing.com/marketing-podcast-169/
To subscribe to this show in iTunes, please head here.