Podcast: Your most pressing marketing questions answered
In this podcast, Tim Reid and Luke Moulton answer some of their listeners most pressing marketing questions.
Here’s what they asked:
- I have a large stack of business cards of colleagues and associates from the last few years who fit into my target market for my new online business. I will be leaving my current employment in two weeks and was wanting to kick start my list by emailing them, telling them what I was up to, maybe surveying them to get my product right, but generally trying to build up my list. Is this spam, if not what’s the etiquette around this?
- Is attacking a competitor “head on” in public a good marketing strategy?
- What are the five easy steps to ‘polish a turd’? Or are they in fact polishable?
- What’s the best way for a visual artist to generate demand?
- How would you target market a business to move into a more upmarket field without upsetting current clients?
- What are some innovative ways to capture leads when you are a trader or presenter at a conference? ie. Any unique giveaway ideas (no more pens or magnets with logos!)?
- What are good incentives to offer customers to provide testimonials without coming across as though your offering cash for comments?
About these podcasts: The Small Business, Big Marketing podcasts are characterised by plenty of banter between the hosts Tim and Luke who’ll typically kick off with nuggets of advice and tell shaggy dog stories as they warm up to the episode’s topic. Sit back, relax and enjoy!
Duration: 38:18 minutes
Links to resources mentioned in the show: http://smallbusinessbigmarketing.com/small-business-marketing-questions
To subscribe to this show in iTunes, please head here.