8 ways to promote your business this Christmas
With December just days away you might be thinking it’s too late to leverage the Christmas season to promote your business and boost sales before the end of the year. But you’d be wrong!
Christmas is just around the corner, but there is still time for small business owners to leverage the season when it comes to sales. Looking for some ways to promote your business? Here are some festive holiday ideas for small business owners that can measurably increase sales, help add sparkle and jumpstart customer loyalty at the same time:
"People particularly love winning prizes/are desperate for a deal or free product at the end of the year when funds are scarce! "
- Offer gift certificates. This is a great way to offer deals, package your products and services into a one-off trial. For example, if you offer startup tools: website design; copywriting or SEO services; you may want to offer a once only: sign up for your services and get a free month/free website review session. Offering digital options for gifts is a great way to target last minute shoppers!
- Run a promotion or competition. You can do this any time of year, of course. But people particularly love winning prizes/are desperate for a deal or free product at the end of the year when funds are scarce! Offer free shipping, free gift wrapping or some incentive! Small things add up!
- Offer end of year/New Year advice. Post a helpful article or offer advice on a related topic or service. For example, if you are an accountant, you may think about doing a Christmas/end of year round up. If you sell health foods/services, you could write an article on how to manage the tricky Christmas season with so much unhealthy food/drink available or how to kick start your health in the new year. Or try to link up with your customers/potential customers on social media, request and respond to some of their questions to engage with them.
- E-Christmas Cards. Send an end of year thank you note to your clients through a Christmas card greeting. It’s a great way to stay ‘front of mind’ but more importantly, to thank loyal customers.
- Timeline cover photos. You can change your social media or website to ‘get into the spirit’. You can design your own or get a professional designer to create something festive with a ‘call to action’ and link. Did you know you can even ‘make it snow’ on your website? It is a free special effect offered by WordPress.
- Film a festive video! It can be a great way to connect, show how personable your business is, introduce your team or a send a message about your products. Get creative and come up with something fun. It can be a great add-on to your e-Christmas card.
- Offer festive gift baskets. Often an idea or purchase is triggered by packaging products together in a nicely arranged and appealing manner. By putting together a time limited Christmas offer of your packaged products, you may sell more than you anticipated!
- Reward your best customers. If there is one thing about startups or online businesses that is important, it is your loyal and long term customers. They are the important foundation for your business so don’t forget to reward them and make them feel appreciated. Not only does it often bring in extra business but it also reminds your customers why they backed you in the first place!
And whatever you do, don’t forget your staff/employees/contractors! Your business is often reliant and a product of your support and contractors. You may be surprised at the loyalty and work ethic you can foster by small appreciative Christmas gestures.
So, what are you waiting for? It’s definitely not too late to get on board with the festive season and leverage it to promote your business!
Have you thought of another original way to promote your business? Share it with us – creative thinking can benefit us all!