24 simple ways to promote your Facebook page
Facebook has become an increasingly important marketing platform, but to use it effectively you need to get visitors interacting with your page. Here are some tips that will help you to promote your Facebook page.
- Post on your page regularly. It doesn’t have to be daily, but at the very minimum it needs to be fortnightly.
- Post quality content that’s relevant to your page’s purpose.
- Put a Facebook ‘Like’ box on your website – not just on the contact us page, but also on the home page and indeed every page on your site.
- Add a link to your Facebook page to your email signature.
- If you have a physical location for your business, put a poster up asking people to like you on Facebook, and include your page’s URL.
- Add the page details to any promotional materials you have, and again, include your page’s URL. (Don’t expect people to find it for themselves).
- Add the page details to your business cards.
- Actively ask your current likers to share your page with their friends.
- Have a landing tab on your page explaining what people get if they like your page. Pages with landing tabs are liked twice as often as pages without them.
- If you have a store on your Facebook page, offer a special price to people who like the page. You can do this if you use the free VendorShop application.
- There is a link on the right side of your page that says “Use Facebook as Page”. Switch to this to post on other page walls, making sure you aren’t adding spammy comments.
Want more articles like this? Check out the social media section.
- When you mention other pages in your posts make sure you tag them so that the post appears on their page as well as yours. To tag another page in your posts you need to first like the page (if you are posting from your account as the admin you need to like it, but if you are using Facebook as your page, then your page needs to like it), then type in @[the page name]. (You’ll know it’s worked if the text turns blue). Just be aware that not all pages let you tag, so if it doesn’t work this may be the case.
- Try using Facebook advertising to promote your page. Make sure you use it to drive people to your Facebook page, not your website – it works far more effectively that way.
- Invite your personal Facebook friends to like your business page.
- Offer an incentive to those who like the page, such as a free download, voucher or PDF.
- Write comments on relevant blogs and include the link to your Facebook page instead of your website.
- Add your Facebook page as a website to your LinkedIn profile.
- Make other relevant pages Favourites of your Facebook page, and ask those pages to Favourite you back.
- Run a competition on your page (making sure that it’s within Facebook’s promotions guidelines) and ask your likers to share it with their friends.
- If you have a blog, mention your Facebook page and hyperlink the text back to it.
- Include a link to your page in your e-newsletter – not just once, but every time.
- Respond to all the comments people write on your wall; it will encourage them to write more. Every post they write on the wall appears in the newsfeed of all their friends, thus promoting your page.
- Encourage people to share your page posts with friends by suggesting they click on the share button – people don’t always know how to do this.
Are you a Facebook fanatic too? We’d really like it if you’d share any extra tips you’ve got up your sleeve on ways to promote your Facebook page.