Want to know how to strengthen your brand right now?
You have to do 6 things, writes Annette Densham.
1. Get jiggy with your target audience and messages. Marketing 101 is getting these basics nailed. If you don’t know what your saying and to whom, you’ll be shooting into the breeze. Be genuine and real in how you show up…let’s not go back to over the top cheesy lifestyle promotions or it’s all sunshine and rainbows. Keep it real. Keep it well rounded.
2. Give it away now. Content. Share actionable useful content. By sharing precise and helpful tips, information and insights you build trust and connection. Share it on social, in groups, with digital publications, in interviews, webinars, Lives.
3. Get online. Register for Google Business. Find ops to be featured on sites that have your audience, just on a bigger scale. Make sure your web content and website is SEOd, your images meta tagged and you’re taking advantage of ops in tools like SourceBottle and The Weekly Rocket.
4. Spruce up your socials. Refresh your bios or put one up on all your profiles. People will be slower to engage with you if they don’t know who you are. Engage in groups – pick a couple that align with you and your audience and get active. Fix your images – make sure the photo of you is recent. AND engage.
5. Get published. Take a series of blogs you’ve written and publish an ebook, upload to Amazon, use as a lead gen. Write for third party sites like Medium and Thrive. Seek out media ops.
6. Celebrate your wins. Awards are such a good way to not only pat yourself on the back for achieving but great third party credibility There’s still awards running this year.
When you weave all of the above into an actionable, measurable and focused strategy that you execute over the next 12 months, you’ll come out the other side with a solid and visible brand.
* disclaimer … marketing takes time. It’s not a super powered magic bullet. It’s taking a series of actions consistently and persistently. It’s not something you turn on and off. If you can’t afford a marketer, then do the things you can do. JUST. DON’T. STOP.