Established in 1995 by Grant Holley and Tim Nethercote, Holley Nethercote Commercial & Financial Services Lawyers is a commercial law firm based in Melbourne’s CBD with staff also in Sydney, and a particular focus on the financial services industry.
We provide business law services to financial services providers, and other medium and large sized entities.
We provide expert and practical legal services in the areas of:
- Financial services law, (including credit), licensing and related issues
- Financial Technology (FinTech) issues faced by BitCoin and other digital currency service providers, peer-to-peer lenders, roboadvisers, equity crowd-funders and other automated payments companies.
- Anti-Money Laundering, Counter-Terrorism Financing and financial crimes
- Capital raising
- Debt recovery
- Intellectual property, including copyright and trademarks
- Employment law for employers
- Litigation and commercial dispute resolution, including assistance in handling disputes in tribunals including the Financial Ombudsman Services (FOS) and the Victorian Civil and Administrative Complaints Tribunal (VCAT).
- Trade practices (Competition and Consumer Law)
- Sale of business
- Other general business legal matters
In conjunction with our associated business, Compact – Compliance & Training (www.ccct.com.au), we have helped a wide array of businesses obtain and vary Australian Financial Services (AFS) and Australian Credit (AC) licences, including start-up companies, ex-authorised representatives, and multi-national companies entering the Australian market.
We also offer expert advice in matters relating to AFS & AC licence holders, including conducting AFS & AC licensee reviews of financial services legal documentation.
For more information about Holley Nethercote Commercial & Financial Services Lawyers, please check out our website, which contains detailed information, blogs and pictures – www.hnlaw.com.au.
“I just wanted to let you know that I have dealt with some major firms over the years ([two top tier firm names removed], etc) because the nature of the institutions that I worked for seemed to think that the major profile firms were necessary for financial services law. However, I would have to say that the calibre of thinking and the experience shown by your firm is of equivalence, and the quality of the service superior, to what I have seen from other firms. Internally, [name removed] and the Product team have been extremely impressed.”
Lucille Bennetto, Executive Manager Risk & Compliance, Industry Fund Services Limited
“As a Franchisor we need lawyers with expertise in franchising law, intellectual property and to help us with our general commercial legal questions as they arise. Holley Nethercote has provided practical and timely advice to us for the last 17 years, assisting our expansion throughout Australia and internationally.”
Rob Sasse, Managing Director, Toddler Kindy Gymbaroo Pty Ltd
“Sinclair Wilson Investment Services is a boutique financial planning practice in Western Victoria. As a self licensed entity we are constantly challenged by the ever changing landscape of legislation and have been fortunate to have the reliable and professional team at Holley Nethercote to assist us with these very complex issues. We have had a number of instances where we have required assistance with business endeavours that are entrepreneurial and complex in regard to licensing requirements. Holley Nethercote have been outstanding in their assistance and expertise in areas that could be regarded as sitting outside of mainstream.”
Les Batchelor, Managing Director, Sinclair Wilson Investment Services Pty Ltd