Podcast: From $10 an hour to six-figure business owner
Four years ago (at age 22) George Ryan was working 55 hours a week for a lumber yard, making $10/hour to provide for his wife and daughter, and had no sort of higher education. He decided he hated his job, and intentionally set out to start an internet co
Four years after deciding to set up his company, and still with no sort of formal education, George Ryan now has a thriving business in Hatchwise and makes six figures. On top of all that, Hatchwise has been featured in articles twice in Inc. Magazine over the past two years.
In this Small Business Big Marketing podcast, George answers questions including:
- What’s your advice for anyone trapped doing what they hate?
- Where did the idea for Hatchwise come from?
- You’ve got some strong views on running a small business. What are they?
- You say you’ve never advertised BUT what marketing have you done to build Hatchwise?
- What role does outsourcing play? How do you do it?
About these podcasts: The Small Business, Big Marketing podcasts are characterised by plenty of chit chat from Tim who’ll typically kick off with nuggets of advice and tell shaggy dog stories before diving in to the episode’s topic. Sit back, relax and enjoy!
Duration: 38:12 minutes
Links to resources mentioned in the show: http://smallbusinessbigmarketing.com/hatchwise-george-ryan/
To subscribe to this show in iTunes, please head here.