Advice & support
There are a number of government services available to help you expand or improve your business. These services can provide general advice, workshops, seminars and networking events, and can even match you with a mentor or business coach.
Attend business events
Small business workshops and seminars are run regularly in most areas of Australia, and deal with issues such as planning, financial management, innovation, employing staff and exporting.
You may also find it useful to attend networking events to help increase your business. By developing networks, you can keep up-to-date on industry and local information, promote your business through new contacts and learn key skills from other businesses.
Take on a mentor or business coach
Participating in mentoring or coaching programs can help you develop a greater understanding of business processes and practices, and equip you with the skills you need to grow and improve your business.
What to do…
- Search for networking, mentoring or training events and seminars on the business.gov.au Events calendar.
- Check with your industry association or local government council for possible information on small business events and seminars. Search our Directory of government and business associations for contact details.
- Use Advisor Finder to find business advisory and support services in your local area.
- Contact your nearest Business Enterprise Centre for business advice and support.
- Search Grants & Assistance Finder to see what assistance is available to you.
- Find out if you are eligible for a New Enterprise Incentive Scheme .
- Access specialist advice, know-how and technologies to improve your business performance through Enterprise Connect .
- Contact a business adviser, accountant or solicitor for advice.
- Submit your business enquiry through our Contact us page.
- See what advice and support is available in your state or territory.