According to the experts what you do first thing in the morning has the greatest impact on the success of the rest of your day. In this series we asked our soloist community what rituals they use to kickstart their systems before getting on with work for the day.
Name: Vanessa Emilio
1. Absolutely and always. I have to set up my schedule and plan the next day otherwise I am up all night thinking I may have forgotten something important to be done! It helps settle my brain to be able to sleep better.
2. I set an alarm for 5:30am, but normally wake up before it when the sun is coming up. I love that feeling of seeing the sunrise and starting the day with that view. No curtains or blinds ever!
3. I have to brush my teeth. Crazy but I don’t feel ‘human’ unless I do so. Plus I am sure it makes me run faster:)
4. First drink of the day: I squeeze fresh orange and mandarin juice at home.
5. Morning routine: Musts: brush teeth, juice, clean out dishwasher and make bed (after husband is out!), get dressed for either the gym or a run (trot really), and rush out to start my day. The best part of this routine is the energy you feel after exercise, it’s a great way to start the day, clears the mind and sets you up for work. Plus you are coming back to a clean house:)
6. Nothing! Need it all and do it every day! I feel dislocated if I miss out on any of the ‘routine’ and my day feels thrown off.
7. Sunrise, exercise, dip in the ocean, breakfast out in a beach cafe with my husband=IDEAL!