Valerie Khoo is a journalist, speaker and small business commentator. She’s also the founder of the Sydney Writers’ Centre which is a world-class training facility for budding writers. Valerie is also the author of the best-selling business book Power Stories. Valerie’s belief is that when you tell the right stories, you can transform a brand into an icon, turn your customers into tireless advocates and give your business – or yourself – an unbeatable advantage.
- Here’s some of what is covered in this Small Business Big Marketing podcast:
- How Valerie got marketing doyen Seth Godin to write the testimonial!
- What is it that makes storytelling such a powerful marketing tool?
- “Every business has a story to tell. In fact, it has eight!” What are the eight?
- Examples of great power story telling.
- How does one go about unearthing eight stories?
- Examples of how the telling of a great business story can directly impact a business’s bottom line.
- Insight into how to get your stories told in the media.
About these podcasts: The Small Business, Big Marketing podcasts are characterised by plenty of chit chat from Tim who’ll typically kick off with nuggets of advice and tell shaggy dog stories before diving in to the episode’s topic. Sit back, relax and enjoy!
Duration: 45:48 minutes
Links to resources mentioned in the show: http://smallbusinessbigmarketing.com/109-the-8-stories-you-must-tell-to-build-an-epic-business
To subscribe to this show in iTunes, please head here.