Health.com.au is the first health insurance company to enter the Australian market in more than 36 years. Tim Ried chats with this start-up’s founder and CEO Andy Sheats about how his team built a $60M business in the space of two years.
Andy Sheats reveals the importance of a one word domain name and branding for your business, hiring staff who can empathise with your customers, and how to cut through in a crowded market.
In this episode of Small Business Big Marketing podcast, you’ll discover:
- Why small businesses can’t (and shouldn’t try to) build branding over many years in the way that a company like Apple or Amazon might.
- What makes people choose and, more importantly, stay with a particular brand.
- What agile methodology is and how it can help your business processes.
- How to build a strong culture around what your brand stands for.
- Understanding where your customer is in the buying cycle and customising their online experience around their attitude.
- How a one word domain name could be a gold mine.
- Telling your business story in a way that your customers can relate to.
- How a crowded market is actually a GOOD sign.
PLUS, Tim’s five tips on how not to sound like a schmuck when describing what you have to offer your clients customers.
About these podcasts: The Small Business, Big Marketing podcasts are characterised by plenty of chit chat from Tim who’ll typically kick off with nuggets of advice and tell shaggy dog stories before diving in to the episode’s topic. Sit back, relax and enjoy!
Duration: 48:29 minutes
Links to resources mentioned in the show: http://smallbusinessbigmarketing.com/marketing-podcast-174/
To subscribe to this show in iTunes, please head here.