In this Small Business Big Marketing podcast, Joe Pulizzi answers the following questions:
- How would you define content marketing?
- What’s the opposite of content marketing?
- Why do you love content marketing so much?
- It’s not new – business owners have been writing books for years – so what’s changed?
- Can you give away too much?
- Small business marketing is a constant trade off between time and money. How does a small business owner create time in order to create content?
- What are the key boxes to tick no matter what road of content marketing you head down?
- What are the most popular forms of content marketing?
- What’s the easiest forms of content marketing?
- Give some examples of small businesses doing it really well.
- OK, so you’ve now created all this content …. how do we get it out there?
- How does the average, time poor small business owner start a content marketing strategy?
- What’s next for content marketing?
Tim Reid’s five key learnings from this episode are:
- Content marketing is a marathon not a sprint. Go and advertise if you want a potentially quick, short-lived result.
- Pull. Don’t always push. Create great content that attracts prospects. Avoid always heap advertising messages upon them.
- Act like a publisher.
- Be clear on your editorial mission. And then let it drive all your content marketing.
- Take a look at Slideshare. It’s a sleeping social media giant!
About these podcasts: The Small Business, Big Marketing podcasts are characterised by plenty of chit chat from Tim who’ll typically kick off with nuggets of advice and tell shaggy dog stories before diving in to the episode’s topic. Sit back, relax and enjoy!
Duration: 53:00 minutes
Links to resources mentioned in the show: http://smallbusinessbigmarketing.com/content-marketing-joe-pulizzi/
To subscribe to this show in iTunes, please head here.