As a director and employee of Shadforths, a large financial group located in Hobart, Tasmaina, Charles has successfully built his own personal brand using a mix of marketing strategies book publishing, video marketing, eBooks, blogging as well as frequent use of LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.
In this Small Business Big Marketing Podcast you’ll discover:
- Why and when he started implementing this marketing strategy.
- But also how he goes about implementing it – how the books came about, how he manages to create so many videos (that include engaging ideas), how he manages to blog frequently and how he maintains a relevant and consistent social media presence.
- How much Charles spends (dollars and time) on all of this each month?
- What’s the ROI from all of this content marketing activity?
Three key learnings from interview (although there were plenty more) are:
- Inject an idea in to your content.
- Engage people in the first 10 seconds of your content.
- Share your knowledge openly and frequently.
About these podcasts: The Small Business, Big Marketing podcasts are characterised by plenty of chit chat from Tim who’ll typically kick off with nuggets of advice and tell shaggy dog stories before diving in to the episode’s topic. Sit back, relax and enjoy!
Duration: 48:10 minutes
Links to resources mentioned in the show: http://smallbusinessbigmarketing.com/content-marketing-podcast-charles-badenach/
To subscribe to this show in iTunes, please head here.