V8 Supercars is still a very small business employing 60 full time staff around the country. What it is though, is a small business doing very big marketing.
David, whilst he may be the head honcho of the organisation, makes it his business to get to know the fans – and boy are they passionate!
He is often seen walking the track, shaking hands, asking what he and his team could be doing better. Never too shy about asking the hard questions, he is well underway in nurturing a strong event driven brand in the Australian (world) motor sport industry.
Listen to this Small Business Big Marketing podcast and you’ll discover:
- The importance of getting to know your tribe.
- How V8 Supercars is marketed.
- How David went about refreshing the brand only a few months ago.
- The role social media plays.
- Some great tips and tricks for marketing your own events.
- The strategic alliance between Microsoft Office 365 and V8 Supercars.
About these podcasts: The Small Business, Big Marketing podcasts are characterised by plenty of chit chat from Tim who’ll typically kick off with nuggets of advice and tell shaggy dog stories before diving in to the episode’s topic. Sit back, relax and enjoy!
Duration: 39:47 minutes
Links to resources mentioned in the show: http://smallbusinessbigmarketing.com/v8-supercars-david-malone/
To subscribe to this show in iTunes, please head here.