A few years ago, Dean (now 31 years old) decided to take his family’s traditional furniture business and put it online, selling high quality designer furniture direct to the public. Milan direct furniture is now seeing massive year-on-year growth thanks to Dean’s smart online marketing and brand building strategies.
In this podcast, Tim Reid picks Dean’s brain about exactly how he’s achieved such a solid foothold in a $300M industry. Dean shares the specific tools and strategies he’s using right now to grow his online furniture empire, including one simple (free) tool that Dean says anyone wanting to grow their business online must use.
In this episode of you’ll discover:
- The best (free) tool for anyone who wants to sell products or services online
- How to rank well in search results without worrying about “manipulative” SEO tactics
- What are new ‘Google Trusted Stores’ and what do they mean for your business if you sell online?
- One simple website tool to dramatically increase your potential customer base
- How to follow up with customers (and potential customers) to ensure repeat business once you’ve got their details
- How to discount effectively so you can offer great value while still making a decent profit
- The win-win of using Facebook to crowd-source ideas from your customers while creating fan engagement
- How to nurture your core group of ‘raving fans’ to ensure they stay loyal, motivated, and vocal
- Optimising your message for mobile devices, including a simple subject line formula that will ensure mobile cut-through
- Why you should consider moving 95% of your marketing spend online
PLUS, I do a review of a listener website and give some quick fixes for common mistakes you’re probably making right now
About these podcasts: The Small Business, Big Marketing podcasts are characterised by plenty of chit chat from Tim who’ll typically kick off with nuggets of advice and tell shaggy dog stories before diving in to the episode’s topic. Sit back, relax and enjoy!
Duration: 1:02:16 minutes
Links to resources mentioned in the show: http://smallbusinessbigmarketing.com/marketing-podcast-175/
To subscribe to this show in iTunes, please head here.