Phil McKinney is an innovation expert based in Silicon Valley. Recently retired as the VP and Chief Technology Officer at Hewlett Packard, Phil hosts the Killer Innovations podcast and has just released the book ‘Beyond The Obvious’. In this mind-opening interview Phil explains clearly and simply how any small business can introduce and benefit from an innovations culture.
Specifically, in this interview you’ll discover:
- A process for coming up with new ideas for your marketing and product / service development
- Why brainstorms don’t work
- How to become innovative (even if you think you’re not)
- Why innovation in small business is so important
- The concept behind Phil’s own innovation process called Killer Questions
- How to run an innovations session.
Plus Timbo and Luke answer a question about why someone would pay for your face-to-face services when they can access your content online.
About these podcasts: The Small Business, Big Marketing podcasts are characterised by plenty of banter between the hosts Tim and Luke who’ll typically kick off with nuggets of advice and tell shaggy dog stories as they warm up to the episode’s topic. Sit back, relax and enjoy!
Duration: 54:33 minutes
Links to resources mentioned in the show: http://smallbusinessbigmarketing.com/business-innovation/
To subscribe to this show in iTunes, please head here.