In 2008 Rebecca left her long-standing job as a Scientist at the CSIRO and co-founded Streat – a Melbourne-based social enterprise that sells delicious food and coffee whilst providing homeless young people with hope, self-belief and the opportunity to get qualified in hospitality. As Streat’s tagline suggests – Streat stops homelessness the delicious way.
In this Small Business Big Marketing podcast Rebecca she explains:
- What a social enterprise is … and for that matter what a social entrepreneur is.
- How and why she came to start Streat.
- How Streat has gone from an idea to now owning two inner city cafes, some street carts and the seller of fine fair-trade coffee beans online.
- How to market a social enterprise to build both the cafe’s customer base and sponsorship support.
- How she manages the constant pull of demand outstripping supply in terms of helping homeless youth in and around Melbourne.
This is a wonderful story of how you can start a business, make some money and do the world of good along the way.
About these podcasts: The Small Business, Big Marketing podcasts are characterised by plenty of chit chat from Tim who’ll typically kick off with nuggets of advice and tell shaggy dog stories before diving in to the episode’s topic. Sit back, relax and enjoy!
Duration: 47:44 minutes
Links to resources mentioned in the show: http://smallbusinessbigmarketing.com/marketing-podcast-how-to-market-a-not-for-profit-organisation/
To subscribe to this show in iTunes, please head here.