Bali-based Sam Stevenson of Pared Handmade Eyewear talks about how she turned her passion into a successful business.
In only one year, Sam’s unique product and drive has thrown her into a flooded market where she has been able to create a quality, designer brand of sunglasses that she hopes celebrities and fashion icons will be wearing all over the world. In this Small Business, Big Marketing podcast Sam talks about:
- Getting attention in a crowded marketplace.
- Staying focused when working in an area where there are lots of distractions.
- The importance of packaging and printing.
- Things to consider when working with companies located overseas.
- Outsourcing and how it is helping the business to move forward.
- Getting around the fake/cheap brand issues.
- Creating an experience for the customer.
- Why you should treat an online order as a special customer.
- What differences you can make when entering a crowded market.
- What sets her brand apart from similar brands.
- How office location can save money.
About these podcasts: The Small Business, Big Marketing podcasts are characterised by plenty of chit chat from Tim who’ll typically kick off with nuggets of advice and tell shaggy dog stories before diving in to the episode’s topic. Sit back, relax and enjoy!
Duration: 49:55 minutes
Links to resources mentioned in the show: http://smallbusinessbigmarketing.com/marketing-podcast-161/
To subscribe to this show in iTunes, please head here.