Gordon Ryan who owns and runs ReviveR, a fancy cocktail bar in an old funeral home that was part of a former hearse garage in Gosford, shares how he turned his passion into a profitable business.
Gordon is also a globe-trotting IT trainer for a not-so-small business called Microsoft! His passion for cocktails and for creating what he refers to as a third place for people to spend time in a welcoming environment has lead him to a business he absolutely loves, and that turned a profit after just five-months of trading. Not an insignificant achievement given the substantial sunken costs involved in starting such a business.
In this Small Business Big Marketing podcast Gordon Ryan:
- Reveals how he brought his dream alive.
- Explains how he manages a corporate and family life, whist being an entrepreneur.
- Shares where and from whom his inspiration came from.
- Explains his pricing strategy.
- Explains how he goes about some very clever local area marketing to build his tribe.
- Confirms the importance of creating a brand experience.
- Shares what keeps him up at nights.
- Tells how he attracts and keeps great staff.
- And explains why he’s so against umbrellas in cocktails!
About these podcasts: The Small Business, Big Marketing podcasts are characterised by plenty of chit chat from Tim who’ll typically kick off with nuggets of advice and tell shaggy dog stories before diving in to the episode’s topic. Sit back, relax and enjoy!
Duration: 51:51 minutes
Links to resources mentioned in the show: http://smallbusinessbigmarketing.com/marketing-podcast-gordon-ryan-reviver
To subscribe to this show in iTunes, please head here.