Mike’s website offers live online drum lessons for beginner, intermediate and advanced players, taught by Mike and individual downloadable lessons all filmed in his home. After the site gained success, Mike expanded the business to the Mikes Lessons facility in Folsom, California and began to offer international week-long drum camps.
He’s now officially nailing it. Living his passion, and with a lifestyle that suits him just nicely!
In this fireside Small Business Big Marketing podcast, Mike covers a lot of marketing ground including:
- How he went from offering individual drum lessons to building an online and offline drum teaching empire.
- How YouTube was a major contributor to Mike’s early success.
- Why worrying about money stops you building the business you love.
- How we can learn from unrelated industries.
- How he used YouTube as a major marketing channel for his business.
- The importance of packaging up your services.
- How he’s created a website that makes you just want to buy (even if you don’t drum!).
- How he markets his business now that it’s no longer small.
- The importance of having both an online and offline presence.
- How to get to know your customers in order to provide them with the best marketing experience.
- Why you should consider becoming a teacher … well, at least adding it to your business offering.
- How to stop your competitors from catching you.
- What is organic marketing and why it’s important.
About these podcasts: The Small Business, Big Marketing podcasts are characterised by plenty of chit chat from Tim who’ll typically kick off with nuggets of advice and tell shaggy dog stories before diving in to the episode’s topic. Sit back, relax and enjoy!
Duration: 1:22:37 minutes
Links to resources mentioned in the show: http://smallbusinessbigmarketing.com/marketing-podcast-168/
To subscribe to this show in iTunes, please head here.