In this revealing interview Tim Reid gets some fantastic insights into very smart marketing strategies from Lloyd Perry from Big Richard Condoms.
Lloyd Perry from Big Richard Condoms actually set out to create a clothing brand, but, thanks to a Venture Capitalist with a sense of humour he ended up starting and running a condom business.
So, in this revealing interview (BTW, it’s not one for the kids’ ears) Tim Reid goes under the covers to get some fantastic insights in to very smart marketing strategies around:
1. Product Development – It can be much easier than you think.
2. Pricing – Lloyd introduces us to a S-Commerce (very, very interesting).
3. Packaging – Hear how Lloyd figured out where to position the product using clever packaging.
4. Distribution – If he can have a condom delivery truck, then imagine what your business could have!
5. Promotion – Lloyd is a big proponent of video marketing for small business, and has had broadcast-quality ads produced for less than $300. He even reveals a strategy for having your video content go viral.
Plus in this episode of the Small Business Big Marketing podcast, Professor Mike Ewing provides some insights in to online retailing versus traditional bricks and mortar approach, and Tim Reid answers a question about outsourcing.
About these podcasts: The Small Business, Big Marketing podcasts are characterised by plenty of chit chat from Tim who’ll typically kick off with nuggets of advice and tell shaggy dog stories before diving in to the episode’s topic. Sit back, relax and enjoy!
Duration: 49:42 minutes
Links to resources mentioned in the show: smallbusinessbigmarketing.com/big-richard-condoms-lloyd-perry/
To subscribe to this show in iTunes, please head here.