I was lucky enough to interview Lorrie Thomas Ross from Web Marketing Therapy. Lorrie approaches marketing from a strategy first position, which I live by too.
Here are the key take aways from this podcast.
1. You need to start from the inside out
Who are you, what do you do and who do you serve? Understand the whys.
2. Understand your personality
Don’t forget that your voice affects your brand.
3. Understand your target markets
Remember that you can, serve more than one niche.
4. Define your target market
Demographically, psycho-graphically, financially… and know their pain points.
5. Who is your ideal client?
Who can I serve best with my product or service?
6. Use web technology to support you with your communications
7. Refocus your business based on feedback
8. Small businesses spend more than they invest
Think about setting your business up for the long term. Do you have a long term strategy? Take a holistic approach.
9. Give to gain
Give people great insightful information and a taste of your expertise. This can help to create a sales funnel and keep the costs of lead generation low!
10. Sometimes you need to go back to the drawing board
Different marketing models work for different businesses. You need to find the one that works well for you!
11. We are increasingly more publicly accessible so we need to tell our story
By telling your story in an authentic way, you can build better relationships.
12. Marketing 101
Don’t get new stuff done until you are clear who you are, what you do and who you serve. Then tweak what you have already in your marketing kit bag.
Duration: 33:08 minutes.